The Student Room Group

edexcel maths grade boundaries URGENT

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone know what an A would be c considering previous papers and past boundaries?
Reply 2
hmmmm. to be on the safest side. i would say 110/200 on both papers? btw how was todays calc paper.
I'm pretty sure A grade will be around the 125-135, probably closer to 135. Last year was 135 I think

This is good to look at:smile: http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/papers/gradebound.pdf
Reply 4
Original post by subhan23
hmmmm. to be on the safest side. i would say 110/200 on both papers? btw how was todays calc paper.

i found it very hard and i was aiming for an A
110 would be pretty high for a B tbh..reckon more like 96/97
(edited 7 years ago)
Probably 105 max (but more likely <100)
Reply 7
well keep in mind the 110/200 is 100% to secure a B. so depeding on the diffuculty of 2 exams.the will c what to do. but keep your hopes high uill achieve the B dw.
Reply 8
What about an A?
What would an A* be this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
oMG do people not understand how grade boundaries work
Original post by bulbs

Yh pretty sure everyone does but we're just predicting based on what everyone's been saying about the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by bulbs

Please, enlighten me.
Reply 13
Usually over 50 marks is a B depending on how people found the paper as a whole but it could be over 60 in some cases
Reply 14
Original post by JRT123
Please, enlighten me.

Grade boundaries are the scaled marks required to achieve grades. They are set by an awarding committee after the exams have been sat, to ensure that the quality of work required for a particular grade is consistent year to year. Although grade boundaries may change year on year to account for differences in the difficulty of the paper, the assessment criteria remain the same. :smile:
Original post by JRT123
What about an A?

You probably need 130-135/200 for an A
Original post by j3ss1cah
Usually over 50 marks is a B depending on how people found the paper as a whole but it could be over 60 in some cases

Nah not in a million years would it be 120 for a B
90-100 for a B (it shouldn't go above 100)
120-135 for an A (Only gone above this twice)
Original post by JRT123
Does anyone know what an A would be c considering previous papers and past boundaries?

Since 2009 i have worked out that the average mark for A is 133 the highest ever recorded mark for an A was 141 and the lowest recorded mark was 119
Reply 19
I meant for like one paper the raw marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending