The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AQAbio/business

Can somene tell me plz; i made a small calculation error on the last question and got 81 instead of 80.4, i was wondering how many of the 6 marks ill get on it?

Probably 4 or 5 because my teacher always says the final answer is worth a mark but dont worry im sure you did fine
I did register to this forum with my e-mail address provided following instructions via e-mail sent to me by you. Strange.
Original post by lucygr8y
I managed to get the workings to 40.005 degrees. But I stupidly put this as the final answer!! Do you think this will get me 1/2 or more marks?!

1 mark probably
Original post by SweetStarlight14
I got 144 for the pentagon question, but 124 for the parallel lines question.

Same
Original post by bamzy123
It was the large packet...

no it was definitely the small packet
Original post by mRubern
How many marks was the first page worth? ( the stem and leaf diagram)

3 marks for the stem and leaf.
2 marks for the probability.

So 5 marks in total.
Original post by Fizzyflash52
Probably 4 or 5 because my teacher always says the final answer is worth a mark but dont worry im sure you did fine

Thank you, this test was much easier than the non calculator
Realised I used the upper bound for U instead of the lower bound...
Original post by s_ovo
Can any one explain to me the upper bound question :smile:

it's I = 5(v-u)

You need to work out the upper bound of I.

So to work out the upper bound (so the higher value) of I you need to get the highest value in your answer.

So 5 x (UPPER - LOWER) will give you the upper bound (higher overall).

e.g.
(5 - 1) = 4

(5 - 2) = 3

so for the upper bound of I (higher value) you need the upper of v and lower of u, 5 x (upper - lower)
Original post by Kajsajbas
That's exactly what I got taught and why I put 3.7 because you compare how close they are to it

The question:
The question: The equation - x^3 - 5x = 34has a solution between 3 and 4Use trial and improvement method to find this solutionGive your answer correct to 1 decimal placeYou must show all your working

correct to 1d.p. doesnt mean to round from a number. you need to find the closest number that is to 1 d.p. we're on the same page here :smile:

On question number 7 (Trial and Improvement) I got 3.7, I got the full working out correctly,would I get 3 marks?
Can anyone tell me what question 21 was asking it's the only question I can't remember and the answer was 29.25 according to the unofficial mark scheme.
(edited 7 years ago)
***urgent***

will 168/169/170 be an a*
https://youtu.be/ahe6jmuT2DM Heres the paper wiith the answers
How many for an A?
when u took the 1/2 over did u half the other side or did you double it?
Original post by ScrewTheExams
it was 3.8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahe6jmuT2DM

+

Let me explain it to you:

the value of X was NOT 3.75 (it was too small)

so it must have been somewhere after 3.75

WHICH ROUNDS TO 3.8

It's a common mistake. I done the same mistake as you when I done a practice paper a few days ago lol.

If you worked out the difference between 3.8 and 3.7 to 3.75 then u will see that 3.7 is closer :smile: trust me im not wrong.
Does anybody remember the marks for each question??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, is there a scanned in version (PDF) of the paper anywhere? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1359
Original post by JoeHales151
On question number 7 (Trial and Improvement) I got 3.7, I got the full working out correctly,would I get 3 marks?

Yeah definitely 3 marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending