The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HateOCR
If you worked out the difference between 3.8 and 3.7 to 3.75 then u will see that 3.7 is closer :smile: trust me im not wrong.

You are wrong. hJust look at any past paper question and read the mark scheme then lol.

You are meant to find the SOLUTION OF X to 1 dp, not which one is closer.....
Did anyone else get -3-4x for question 24a?
Reply 1362
Original post by OllieBiggs
***urgent***

will 168/169/170 be an a*

Yes it will be
Original post by elli_s
Same

For question 19, I done the correct formula but I think I put 10 males instead of 11, would I get a mark
Original post by SalopJack
No it wasn't the exact answer was 3.75045.
go on a calculator now and work it out.
it was 3.8

it was closer to 3.7. all my friends, teachers agreed with me. if we are all wrong well thats a bummer because itll mean i got 99/100 in the paper :frown:
Original post by sammyboyg101
Did anyone else get -3-4x for question 24a?

yes me :biggrin:
Can someone add images of the exam paper and the answers on them so it is easier to recall what I got please
Original post by Chloetbqh
Wait what even was the parallel lines question lol

It was the triangle with parallel lines running through it. I think 54 was the alternate angle
Original post by jtb135
The question:
The question: The equation - x^3 - 5x = 34has a solution between 3 and 4Use trial and improvement method to find this solutionGive your answer correct to 1 decimal placeYou must show all your working

correct to 1d.p. doesnt mean to round from a number. you need to find the closest number that is to 1 d.p. we're on the same page here :smile:

I totally agree there was no rounding needed. That's why people are butt hurt and being all defensive. They didn't read it properly so did it wrong. You had to find what was closer
Original post by JoeHales151
For question 19, I done the correct formula but I think I put 10 males instead of 11, would I get a mark

I think ur answer will not be accepted because it was 10.8 recurring, since its higher than 0.5 then your ment to round up. if ur examiner is kind ull get the mark tho
Original post by mariam687
yes thats it lol

this is what happens to me after exams xD
How'd you find the exam?
Original post by HateOCR
it was closer to 3.7. all my friends, teachers agreed with me. if we are all wrong well thats a bummer because itll mean i got 99/100 in the paper :frown:

It's 3.8, check any past paper question and read the mark scheme.

You need to find the solution of x to 1 dp, not which dp is closer to it.

3.75 is not x, it's too small, so the solution of x is after 3.75 so it rounds to 3.8

Good luck with the 99 or 98 though!
Original post by Dm1717
Yes it will be

Thank you!
Original post by HateOCR
If you worked out the difference between 3.8 and 3.7 to 3.75 then u will see that 3.7 is closer :smile: trust me im not wrong.

Are you sure about that because all of my top set class got 3.8 myself included? I mean you might be right but I thought it would most likely be 3.8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1374
Do you think the grade c bo8ndry would be 65
Original post by HateOCR

go use a calculator and check then if you dont believe me. you got it wrong so unlcuky
FOR one of them I rounded to 3.7 because it was rtechnically closer
cheers, so if i scaled it properly, i should be fine?

Original post by Kajsajbas
I wrote frequency density I think you had to just to show what you understood the y axis
Original post by JoeHales151

Yeah they should both be correct because you can't get that much of a person
Original post by Samii123
Can anyone tell me what question 21 was asking it's the only question I can't remember and the answer was 29.25 according to the unofficial mark scheme.

it was that one about the bounds i think, i= 5(v-u) or something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending