The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by artymaniac
Is it possible for someone to explain to me the dopamine hypothesis and what studies you would use.. ive spent an 3hours on this and still dont understand it!;( It wud b great if sum1 could explain it! thanks

For Sz?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophhoran1998
The question said explanation(s) so explaining one is fine or you could explain 2

In January 2013, there was the question "discuss evolutionary explanations of aggression including jealousy and infidelity". Jealousy and infidelity were considered to be explanationS, you don't need to talk about both and group display in our exam. Those who are stressing over this, I even confirmed this with my teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, guys I just need all possible notes on depression, addiction and research methods of course. Pls help, don't have time to search forums. Thanks.
For the classification and diagnosis essay do we get A01 or A02 marks for talking about reliability and vailidity if they are mentioned in the question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
no for addiction- even what it means helps tho
Reply 4145
So the depression essays i am going to learn in detail are issues, bio explanations and psych therapies. Am i taking a risk by not learning bio therapies AT ALL and psych explanations AT ALL?
Reply 4146
For media, would they ever ask you a question on positive/negative effects of just computers and not video games? Bc it mentions both on the spec but I really don't have enough to write much with computers alone.
Original post by artymaniac
no for addiction- even what it means helps tho

For Sz it means the idea that too high levels of dopamine or an over sensitivity to it cause the disorder. I don't know if that's the same for addiction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Guys,

for my psya3 exam i used this to help me with my essays bc i find the whole loopa essays a bit too much http://a2psychologyunit3.blogspot.co.uk/
I am doing media, schizophrenia and research methods. I was wondering if there was anywhere like that website that i can get model answers from that's not the loopa website?
Is it only me who has a weird feeling that they're going to ask psychological explanations of schizophrenia??
Reply 4150
Original post by doherty97
Is it only me who has a weird feeling that they're going to ask psychological explanations of schizophrenia??

I think it'll be biological
Reply 4151
Original post by SunDun111
Guys how important is spelling and grammer for unit 3, I dont want to keep banging on about it, but I was writing so fast, I think i made tons of grammer mistakes etc?

And spelling mistakes too it seems :wink: * grammar
Original post by NHM
I think it'll be biological

they asked biological on both papers last year though
"Do you think you got an A in the unit 3 paper?"

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anam
So the depression essays i am going to learn in detail are issues, bio explanations and psych therapies. Am i taking a risk by not learning bio therapies AT ALL and psych explanations AT ALL?

Didn't loopa also predict biological therapies? Even so, I wouldn't risk anything. Try to learn something for every topic. Depression only has a limited number of possible essays compared to the others. You're better off just doing everything, and don't actually rely on predictions (I learned from this after gender schema came up in psya3 for the 3rd time). You will not be disappointed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NHM
And spelling mistakes too it seems :wink: * grammar

not helping :frown:
Guys if it asks e.g. Outline and evaluate the role of initation for gambling, Does you evolution have to be specfic to initiation?
i've been writing my schizophrenia essays all day and every single one is around 500 words... am i writing enough?! Like i don't see how i could write much more? just need some reassurance
debating ****ing off addiction and learning media instead...
Original post by evekay
i've been writing my schizophrenia essays all day and every single one is around 500 words... am i writing enough?! Like i don't see how i could write much more? just need some reassurance

Mine are all around 750 but that's probably because I ramble on a bit much 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending