The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Mr Kibria, the guy who did the unofficial mark scheme for paper one (with all the questions, answers and number of marks) has said he's not doing one for the second paper :frown:
Original post by STA1706
for (Q19) i got 10.89 and i thought you cant round up people so i put 10, was it definitely 11

My teacher told me the mark scheme may allow both as they have in the past, but the best option was to go for 11.
Original post by Rajive
I got 40.0?

same!!
even my friends got that
now I'm not so sure if i even did that well
:frown:
For q24a everyone seems to have got -1/3x+4
But i got 1/-3x-4 which equals the same if you sub in any x value. Will i get the marks?
Original post by Amyrosee
Mr Kibria, the guy who did the unofficial mark scheme for paper one (with all the questions, answers and number of marks) has said he's not doing one for the second paper :frown:

Have you got a link for the non calculator one?
Original post by notarealname2000
My teacher told me the mark scheme may allow both as they have in the past, but the best option was to go for 11.

Let's hope so - thanks!!
Original post by IAmGorillaz
same!!
even my friends got that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahe6jmuT2DM
Original post by guy321
For q24a everyone seems to have got -1/3x+4
But i got 1/-3x-4 which equals the same if you sub in any x value. Will i get the marks?

i think both answwers would have been accepted because theyre both the same thing
i did the -1/3x+4 one though just to make sure xP
Guys I'm going to have a heart attack. For the love of God can someone please tell me that around 145 is a secure A ? These really high grade boundary speculations are killing me.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Could somebody tell me how many marks each question was worth
What are the marks for each question?
Original post by jtb135
Rounding during the working isnt always reliable. you should get 4-5 marks for method. but its the rounding which could bring you back a mark or two. nothing to get too worried about

No i didnt round. Im saying that i used the exact values and got 80.3
Reply 1592
According to this mark scheme most of my answers were correct looking at around 70+
Original post by JoeHales151
Does anyone have access to the paper, or know how much exactly each question was based markwise

Here:
Original post by blessingmariee
Here are the marks and answers (working out not included)! Try not to stress too much and focus on your next exam if you have any left.1. Stem and Leaf Graph with the average being2.a) Simplify 3a x 5b x 2c => 30abc (1 mark)b)Factorise 3y+6 => 3 (y+2) (1 mark)c) Expand x(x-3) => x^6 - 3x (1 mark)3. 9.25 (perimeter of the rectangle) (3 marks)4. 18 bags (4 marks)5. 0.09 and 0.36 (probability of the counters) (3 mark)6. (BMI & ski question)a) 20.3 (2 marks)b) 68.04 (2 mark)c) 2.61 (3 marks)7. 3.8 (trial and improvement) (4 marks)8.a) 4:3 (not sure if 1:0.75 would allowed?) (2 marks)b) 480 px (2 marks)9. 124 (work out x question) (4 marks)10. 7.92 (estimate the mean from a table) (4 marks)11. £42.28 (colin's car) (5 marks)12. 144 (pentagon) (4 marks)13.a) -1, 1, -1 (2 marks )b) diagram (cubic graph) (2 marks)14. 3 bars (metal bars) (5 marks)15. No, it has not lost more than half of it's value (paul's car) (4 marks)16.a.128g (median weight of apples) (1 mark)b. 11g (IQR of apples) (2 marks)17. 30.1 (pythagoras and sohcahtoa) (4 marks)18. y = 5p^2 - x (make y the subject) (5 marks)19. 10 or 11 (stratified sampling - both WILL be expected as it has been over the years) (2 marks)20.0.29, -2.29 (rounding may be allowed so 0.30 and -2.30) (quadratic formula) (3 marks)21. 29.25 (upper bounds) (3 marks)22.28.9 (arc segments) (3 marks)23. Frequency Density from top to bottom: 1.6, 3.2, 2.4, 1.8, 0.3 and you had to show this on a graph (Histograms) (3 marks)24.a. -1 over 3x -4 (algebraic fractions) (2 marks)b. NOT SURE ABOUT THE ANSWER - Here's the question:Write x over x-1 minus x over x + 1 as a single fraction in its simplest form (3 marks)25. 80.4 (6 marks)Best of luck to those of you remaining exams.
what is 97/200?:frown:. Please let me know
Because I really really need a B
Original post by IAmGorillaz
same!!
even my friends got that

No don't fret, there were other big questions you could have grabbed marks from the other parts of the paper.
loool me too but it's a two part question it ain't that sadly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahe6jmuT2DM
Original post by 34908seikj
Wasn't the last question like 1/2 * 7 * 8 Sin(X) = 18

56Sin(x) = 36

Sin^-1(36/56) = X

x = 40

???

I think I did it wrong then.

yeah, it was at first but then I think you had to use the cosine rule or something to get the other angle. I also did that thinking that it was the correct method but then in the last minute I realised that I hadn't completed it.... you'll get some marks though so don't worry.
Reply 1598
I think the reason why people got 80.4 or 80.1 on the last one was down to if they rounded each digit they got for each step of the answer. I got 80.1 and I tried to stay as accurate as possible, but whether people with 80.4 rounded up or down or the other way round I don't know?
just everyone stay chill lol BC nothing we can do now, stay happi & positive dudes X
I think I got 145/200, somewhere around there. Do you think I will get an A?

Quick Reply

Latest