The Student Room Group

Geography confusion

Basically, I had taken my coursework for OCR geography last year and I found out today it was at a C. Unfortunately I was one mark off a B, and I have no idea how, is there anything I can do about this grade since I thought it was higher? Also, with two A*s in the exams (75%), could I still get an A*?
Original post by tatsumireecs
Basically, I had taken my coursework for OCR geography last year and I found out today it was at a C. Unfortunately I was one mark off a B, and I have no idea how, is there anything I can do about this grade since I thought it was higher? Also, with two A*s in the exams (75%), could I still get an A*?

Depending on how high the A*s are you might, an annoyingly high A is probably more likely though. Also, seeing as you're close to a B it might be moderated up by the exam board which means you will do even better! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by chocolatefrog354
Depending on how high the A*s are you might, an annoyingly high A is probably more likely though. Also, seeing as you're close to a B it might be moderated up by the exam board which means you will do even better! Good luck! :smile:

Do you think it would be possible to get an A*? Cheers?
Do you think it would be possible to get an A*? Cheers?

Possible, just make sure you try your very best in the papers! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be realtively low like they sometimes are. Good luck!

which exam board btw?
Reply 4
Possible, just make sure you try your very best in the papers! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be realtively low like they sometimes are. Good luck!

which exam board btw?

OCR... but I have just taken my exams and I believe I have gotten high a*s on both
Hi, im on the same course! i got 53/60 on coursework, i think 30/40 on sdme and j think ive got 90/99 what grade could that go to? thank you in advance 🙂
OCR... but I have just taken my exams and I believe I have gotten high a*s on both

Ahh ok well done! Let's hope for not unreasonable grade boundaries!!
Original post by Arbana1502
Hi, im on the same course! i got 53/60 on coursework, i think 30/40 on sdme and j think ive got 90/99 what grade could that go to? thank you in advance 🙂

Well I don't know what grade boundaries are typically like cos I do a different board, but that looks good enough definitely for an A unless your grade boundaries are weirdly high! Check last year's grade boundaries! :smile:
Well I don't know what grade boundaries are typically like cos I do a different board, but that looks good enough definitely for an A unless your grade boundaries are weirdly high! Check last year's grade boundaries! :smile:

Thank you ill check 😄 i was hoping for an A* this year, i hope my coursework bumps up higher by the examiner because i think my teacher was very harsh when marking. I panicked in sdme and im feeling really bad about it 😞 but ill be grateful with an A this year after all, thank you!
I got 47/60 for my coursework which was a high B and I think I got an A* in my SDME Paper aswell as the Key Skills one. My teacher said that I'd have to be looking to achieve at least 90% in both exams for an A* so it may be difficult to get an A* with a C in the coursework. Not sure if he's right though.

Quick Reply

Latest