The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Unit 2 (resit) CHEM2 10th June

Could't find an existing thread for this exam so thought I'd make one.
Could be useful to share resources and perhaps form discuss ideas about the exam on the 10th of June.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hope that this forum takes off! Just preparing a lot, feel like they'll throw us curveballs?
Reply 2
Oh definitely! I've been making sure to look into all the how science works stuff and all the rarely asked questions in depth to ensure as few surprises as possible:smile:
Expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised 👊🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by cowie
Oh definitely! I've been making sure to look into all the how science works stuff and all the rarely asked questions in depth to ensure as few surprises as possible:smile:
Expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised 👊🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi mate,
do u have a list of the less commonly asked questions by any chance?
Reply 4
has anyone predicted any questions for the pre release?????
Reply 5
Original post by j5994
Hi mate,
do u have a list of the less commonly asked questions by any chance?

Could you share please kind sir?
Reply 6
i need major help with this...don't know what to revise tho :/
Reply 7
Just revise everything so nothing can catch you out... The knowledge for U2 is rather basic so there's only a few things you need to memorise such as some of the equations and reaction conditions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by cowie
Just revise everything so nothing can catch you out... The knowledge for U2 is rather basic so there's only a few things you need to memorise such as some of the equations and reaction conditions

Posted from TSR Mobile

just been doing all the past papers now....
Hello Everybody :smile:

Im also resitting hope its going well for you guys revision

I was doing a question, question a regardng circling carbons and was wondering if anyone could please help me out

THankyou :smile:
Reply 10
If anyone could send me some condensed notes that'd be really helpful. Starting my revision tonight! Wish me luck :smile:
Reply 11
What's the mark scheme answer? I'm definitely not sure but since the C=C is planar and can't rotate, I'd circle all of thr carbons but the one on the far right... or maybe just the C=C? IDK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fibsy
What's the mark scheme answer? I'm definitely not sure but since the C=C is planar and can't rotate, I'd circle all of thr carbons but the one on the far right... or maybe just the C=C? IDK

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes ur right! Thankyou so much! :smile: Its the carbons except the one on the right how did you know that tho? I thot it was just the C double bond C carbon i dont get why the other ones are included
Anyone have any predictions for tomorrows exam? :biggrin:
Reply 14
I reckon theyll ask more mechanisms than they did last year. I think they only asked about 1 maybe two. maybe some stuff on the boltzmanns curves too
Original post by Aliceeee12
Yes ur right! Thankyou so much! :smile: Its the carbons except the one on the right how did you know that tho? I thot it was just the C double bond C carbon i dont get why the other ones are included

It's basically all of the carbons which are directly attached to the C=C double bond that lie in the same plane. This picture should help :smile:

(It's the trigonal planar one in the middle which links to the question).
(edited 7 years ago)
I really hope this exam is nice to us! Good luck everyone, let's smash this
By the way, this website is a god send when it comes to chemistry notes! Make sure you scroll down for the 'Old Spec' notes and then it's module 2 :smile: So helpful!

https://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/
Original post by lahigueraxxx
It's basically all of the carbons which are directly attached to the C=C double bond that lie in the same plane. This picture should help :smile:

(It's the trigonal planar one in the middle which links to the question).

Thanksyou Loadsss!!! Helped a lot
Original post by Aliceeee12
Thanksyou Loadsss!!! Helped a lot

You're welcome! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest