The Student Room Group

Anthology predictions for Edexcel English Language IGCSE June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Talha9
Heyy ? Which Poem or passage showed up in English Language A paper 2 ? In paper 2R " Out Out " came !

out out aswell
Mark which country are you in, as we only just finished our exam?
Original post by Mark 88
mr hoyes

Mr Hoyes website ain't working anymore . Do you have the downloads for that website?
Original post by Talha9
Heyy ? Which Poem or passage showed up in English Language A paper 2 ? In paper 2R " Out Out " came !

Hi!
We got "A Hero" asking about Swami's character
Lol that was somewhat least expected

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Droneon

I know! I barely revised it!
Yeah but tbh it was good and I wouldn't have wanted anything else

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Ali1999;65606011"]
Original post by Droneon

I know! I barely revised it!

Haha same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Droneon
Yeah but tbh it was good and I wouldn't have wanted anything else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey what did you put for Swami? I put that he didnt have much of a relationship with parents except granny. How he also is mature in the sense he challenges his father?
I put that he's intelligent and clever cuz he tries to change the subject and also tries to avoid sleeping in the office room by pretending to be asleep.

Which topic did you choose to write about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Droneon
I put that he's intelligent and clever cuz he tries to change the subject and also tries to avoid sleeping in the office room by pretending to be asleep.

Which topic did you choose to write about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the speech. I did around 2.5 pages and started it with 'hi my new is...' and stuff and used rhetorical Q's and power of 3. Does that sound ok? The only thing I regret is that i added stuff for it and had 3 stars and the way i put it may confuse the examiners. :frown:

What about you? :-)
Reply 131
Original post by Milena1810
I did the speech. I did around 2.5 pages and started it with 'hi my new is...' and stuff and used rhetorical Q's and power of 3. Does that sound ok? The only thing I regret is that i added stuff for it and had 3 stars and the way i put it may confuse the examiners. :frown:

If you started with Rhetorical questions then its pretty cool :smile:
Btw what topic you guys got in Paper 2 ?
In Paper 2R we got speech topic on " influencing young people to raise funds for charity "
What was your speech topic ?
Original post by Milena1810

That's sounds good actually. Dw, you've probably done better than you think. (: I wrote the narrative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Talha9
In Paper 2R we got speech topic on " influencing young people to raise funds for charity "

Aww thanks! I didn't start with it but used it at the beginning and a few others throughout! :biggrin: We had the topic on teamworking and how important it is
I sat the exam as a independant candidate, ran out of time ffs. Never got question 1 finished no conclusion. Spent too much on my story. Will i still get a few marks. I wrote about Swami Fear, His different relations between parents n his granny n that despite his age hes intelligent.

Also btw my story was on the girl of my dreams who turned out to be a bloke 😂
Original post by Talha9

That was the mag article topic for us. We got a speech topic about teamwork, and a narrative with the title 'The Promise'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pete_pizza7
I sat the exam as a independant candidate, ran out of time ffs. Never got question 1 finished no conclusion. Spent too much on my story. Will i still get a few marks. I wrote about Swami Fear, His different relations between parents n his granny n that despite his age hes intelligent.

Lol sounds interesting. Is the conclusion that important? I think those points are quite good, and you're sure to get more than half the marks for that so dw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pete_pizza7

Yeah you will get a marks so don't worry! :-)
Cheers everyone considering i only started learning it around mid march i done alright i suppose 👍
So hard!!!!! I cant believe we got a hero. Least expected!!! Left nearly all of it blank as i hadn't studied anything for a hero!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending