The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Product Design (3D) PROD3 10th JUNE 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NMistry98
Is the answer book actually unlined ?

I don't think so
Reply 41
Is it just chapters 4, 5 and 6 from the textbook that can come up?
Original post by alexjr4
Is it just chapters 4, 5 and 6 from the textbook that can come up?

Yeah they are the main chapters, however just know basic knowledge of chapters 1,2 and 3
Reply 43
can anyone explain the design movements to me
Its synoptic so anything in the book can come up
I would just reccomend learning 2 design movements well, a couple of designers for each movement and there products (be able to sketch them)
i think What im going to do Now is Take 10 Topics i know fairly well and prepare model answers for them on revision cards
Reply 47
i have not revised for this,maths and physics rekt me this week. anyone got any suggestions what to look at?
Reply 48
Original post by TSRPAV
i have not revised for this,maths and physics rekt me this week. anyone got any suggestions what to look at?

i am in exactly the same position as you,

i have only left today to revise for this exam as i had physics and maths.

if anyone can tell us what topics we should look at , it will helps us out a lot considering there is so much to revise
Reply 49
Original post by Exams987
i am in exactly the same position as you,

i have only left today to revise for this exam as i had physics and maths.

if anyone can tell us what topics we should look at , it will helps us out a lot considering there is so much to revise

ahah well looks like BS gonna work its magic,you reckon we get any marks if materials testing comes up and we talk about mechanics, e.g younges modulus and say how you can derive data from stress strain graphs or use pulley systems and a load then plot the data and find gradient to determine the spring k constant of a material, is that too extreme and irrelevant?
Reply 50
Original post by TSRPAV
ahah well looks like BS gonna work its magic,you reckon we get any marks if materials testing comes up and we talk about mechanics, e.g younges modulus and say how you can derive data from stress strain graphs or use pulley systems and a load then plot the data and find gradient to determine the spring k constant of a material, is that too extreme and irrelevant?

i guess if we do , the examiner will consider to put you in the top band mark because they would assume we have a deep understanding of the topic.

what topics are you planning to revise , my teacher has been going on about design movements from the start of the year , so that could be a possible question. also it did not come up last year

Material testing is also a potential and also the use of robotics

what else?
Reply 51
i guess if we do , the examiner will consider to put you in the top band mark because they would assume we have a deep understanding of the topic.

what topics are you planning to revise , my teacher has been going on about design movements from the start of the year , so that could be a possible question. also it did not come up last year

Material testing is also a potential and also the use of robotics

what else?

niiiicee,OK BS mode is activated, i dunno im just gonna boss out this AQA product design book
Reply 52
Original post by TSRPAV
niiiicee,OK BS mode is activated, i dunno im just gonna boss out this AQA product design book

are you just going to read through the book?

i might just go through the book once and then make notes on topics that have a high chance of coming up

did you resit AS paper this year?
Reply 53

i might just go through the book once and then make notes on topics that have a high chance of coming up

yeah same, internet will help, yeah i did resit it, thought it was alright, only spinning got me cos i forgot to revise it so got about 3 marks on that and i forgot what FSC stood for, now i know-Forest Stewardship council

Im in exactly the same position as you lot lol, what are the different methods of testing, and reckon I would be fine if I got a D in the exam since I got an A* in coursework?!
Reply 55
Original post by JimmyG1997
Im in exactly the same position as you lot lol, what are the different methods of testing, and reckon I would be fine if I got a D in the exam since I got an A* in coursework?!

its in the aqa textbook .

also what topics do you think could come up tomorrow ?
its in the aqa textbook .

also what topics do you think could come up tomorrow ?

I dont have the book hence why I am asking, and I dont have a clue I reckon one of materials and a compare and contrast, possibly a design movement but Ive just learnt Art Neavou and Bauhaus
Reply 57
Original post by JimmyG1997
I dont have the book hence why I am asking, and I dont have a clue I reckon one of materials and a compare and contrast, possibly a design movement but Ive just learnt Art Neavou and Bauhaus

industrial material testing

destructive testing
hardness tests
tensile testing
impact tests
water resistance
fatigue testing
non destructive testing
surface crack detection
magnetic testing
acid pickling
internal deflect detection
who else is fukd???? - haven't been taught ANY Theory for 2 years and had to teach myself most of it - haven't even been shown a past paper! I managed to pass the AS by 1 mark -__-
So basically I should focus on ICT, tech development, design movements, material protecting, testing, robots, anything else? Also is there an example answer anywhere as I have literally never seen one in my life and have no idea how to write an answer properly. :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending