The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

who got a parabolic curve thingy for the graph's line
Reply 361
50 for an A maybe?
Original post by GG1233
I got that too! What should the answer have been?

I got it aswell!
The Moment question ranges between 0.725 and 0.760. My teacher did this problem and he told us this was the answer
Original post by haes
A lot of people around me said 2.7mm. I spent the whole night learning how to read a caliper so if I really did get it wrong I'll be really angry lol

Did you get 1.7?
Original post by 11234
50 for an A maybe?

Lower, much lower, Around 42, imo.
Reply 366
Original post by Georgia.C123
Did you get 1.7?

yes
That paper was so easy
They could have at least made it challenging
Reply 368
Original post by 123chem
Lower, much lower, Around 42, imo.

What about 100ums?
Reply 369
The answer was 5 since if the number of resistors was 4 the wattage will exceed 100W so it had to be 5 since the resistance will therefore decrease... only one mark will be lost for stating 4 though.
Original post by 11234
What about 100ums?

Lol, dont bother about 100 UMS, no one is getting it :P
Original post by haes
yes

I got that aswell and can't see why it's wrong
Reply 372
I got 0.62 in the moment question which is wrong but do you think I'll still get full marks for the following question about extension?
Reply 373
I thought the 1000kWh question was 1000000 / 36000 = 277 W = (ish) 300W, and not 1000000/365/24 ?
I lost my soul in that exam
Original post by haes
for the number of components did anyone get 4?

At first i somehow got somewhere in the thousands, but after a little recalculation i got 4 as well.
Reply 376
Content-wise the paper didn't seem really tasking save a few questions but I think majority of students aren't used to timing since it's the first official paper of it's nature excluding the spec papers.
Original post by Georgia.C123
I got that aswell and can't see why it's wrong

I got that as well
Original post by Jay_lal
I dont know if thats right but i put that aswell

I think it was lambda divided by 4. Because an alpha particle has 4 times the mass, so lambda = p/mv. Timesing mass by 4 makes lambda 4 times smaller.
Reply 379
Original post by Al_YG
The answer was 5 since if the number of resistors was 4 the wattage will exceed 100W so it had to be 5 since the resistance will therefore decrease... only one mark will be lost for stating 4 though.

If it had to be five rather than four then why couldn't there be an even greater number of resistors (i.e. 6 or 7 - this would surely cause total resistance to decrease even further??)

Quick Reply

Latest