The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Their was a question with a graph of G against temperature and you had to work out alpha, what did you get and how?
Reply 381
Original post by 123chem
Lol, dont bother about 100 UMS, no one is getting it :P

Is there even ums this year. But realistically 47 sounds realistic and max 55
Old spec was usually around 50/70 for an A so thks new spec should be maybe 43 or something for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
Original post by 83457
I thought the 1000kWh question was 1000000 / 36000 = 277 W = (ish) 300W, and not 1000000/365/24 ?

Same
Probably got a solid E
Original post by BoeyJ
Very hard paper. Lack on double slit outside of MCQs was surprising. Also more materials was a shock. No 6 marker was the only advantage of that paper. Also, people who are moaning about time issues I can guarantee 80% didn't finish that as when I looked forward when they called time most were still writing. After the errors in Tuesday's Biology paper it's hardly surprising there was more (Q9). I thought the reason it was difficult is that it was a paper designed to force errors not test knowledge. I mean having to know area of a sphere equation and guess areas of solar panel installations are examples of that. Grade Boundaries will be low though and at least it's only a mock :smile:

volume of sphere is in the data sheet
Can someone give the correct answer is it 4 or 5 , I put 5 if it's 4 how many marks will I lose
For question 1a would you not have to round the extension up from 2.7mm to 3 mm due to the resolution of the instrument?
Most ******** questions of the day: "How high would a golf ball go if you hit it on the moon?", "How big is a solar panel on mars if you want to make 100W power?"
The only thing I did right that whole paper was cross out question 9
Original post by haes
I got 0.62 in the moment question which is wrong but do you think I'll still get full marks for the following question about extension?

Hopefully you will get error carried forward marks :^_^:
Reply 391
did anyone get .88 m^2 for solar panel, I guessed :frown:
So what did everyone get for the callipar on the first question. I got 1.7mm and dont see why it would have beeb wrong. I think those who got 2.7mm made the mistake of seeing the first line and taking it to be 1 when it was actually zero.
Thanks
I think grade boundaries will be LOW. My physics teacher said that he thinks it's be around 40-45 for an A for paper1, paper 2 must be lower.

Also can someone please do a Hitler reacts
Reply 394
Their was way too much electricity this year, paper 1 had loads too
Original post by 83457
I thought the 1000kWh question was 1000000 / 36000 = 277 W = (ish) 300W, and not 1000000/365/24 ?

I got around 277 but to be completely honest i had no idea what i was doing haha
Can someone please tell be were abouts in the spec it says we have to know the average area of solar panels please. It also seems they've done a question wrong before - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11669726/AQA-admits-mistake-in-A-level-physics-paper.html
Original post by 11234
did anyone get .88 m^2 for solar panel, I guessed :frown:

I did that too, idk what the quwstion even meant
Reply 398
Original post by e1l2l3i4e5
So what did everyone get for the callipar on the first question. I got 1.7mm and dont see why it would have beeb wrong. I think those who got 2.7mm made the mistake of seeing the first line and taking it to be 1 when it was actually zero.
Thanks

Nah g
Reply 399
Original post by GG1233
If it had to be five rather than four then why couldn't there be an even greater number of resistors (i.e. 6 or 7 - this would surely cause total resistance to decrease even further??)

Look mate... I have put 4 as the answer as-well but i got a thought after the exam telling me it was 5...it seems to make sense but if you can justify it being 4 ill be more than happy!

Quick Reply

Latest