The Student Room Group

Edexcel History - Unit 3C Boom, Bust and Recovery

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bsbnah
I wouldnt mind the reasons for the depression either tbh - how much own knowledge are we supposed to put? Bc i feel like it's mostly source based and cross ref and own knowledge can become very limited

focus on sources but just smack loads of OK in there as well to be safe (remember its 24 marks for sources and 16 for OK)
Reply 81
Original post by amymcm11
focus on sources but just smack loads of OK in there as well to be safe (remember its 24 marks for sources and 16 for OK)

I didnt know the marks for sources were higher, thanks b!!

For the sources section we just focus on the structure of PEACAL right? Point, evidence, analysis, counter argument & link to the q?
Original post by bsbnah
I didnt know the marks for sources were higher, thanks b!!

For the sources section we just focus on the structure of PEACAL right? Point, evidence, analysis, counter argument & link to the q?

yeah i guess so my school uses slightly different terms but it seems to be the same thing tbh. Have you just revised Hoover and not FDR?
Reply 83
yeah i guess so my school uses slightly different terms but it seems to be the same thing tbh. Have you just revised Hoover and not FDR?

For section B, only revised the causes for the depression & Hoover - not touched FDR so we only did the first controversy bc both of them are coming up anyways so its better to be very strong on one then be 50/50 with both haha
Original post by bsbnah
For section B, only revised the causes for the depression & Hoover - not touched FDR so we only did the first controversy bc both of them are coming up anyways so its better to be very strong on one then be 50/50 with both haha

I've done exactly the same- wanted to build up my confidence with Hoover but my school taught us both so we had the choice. Most people in my year have chosen to revise FDR exclusively and some people even said they would try and revise both. IMO its better to be confident on one than be half confident with two- plus deciding between them tomorrow would take up valuable time in the exam (every second counts)
Reply 85
Has anyone got any points for WHO benefited from the boom and points they can elaborate on?
Reply 86
I've done exactly the same- wanted to build up my confidence with Hoover but my school taught us both so we had the choice. Most people in my year have chosen to revise FDR exclusively and some people even said they would try and revise both. IMO its better to be confident on one than be half confident with two- plus deciding between them tomorrow would take up valuable time in the exam (every second counts)

Exactly my point! God how i hope they dont ask as a nasty question tomorrow, worded horribly
Anyone has boom and depression model answer?
Original post by bsbnah
Exactly my point! God how i hope they dont ask as a nasty question tomorrow, worded horribly

yeah but just try and remember you know all the stuff and you know how to approach the question so just don't panic. Also i feel like there's less variety in the Hoover question, usually just a variation of 1 or 2 questions with different factors whereas FDR could be anything
Reply 89
yeah but just try and remember you know all the stuff and you know how to approach the question so just don't panic. Also i feel like there's less variety in the Hoover question, usually just a variation of 1 or 2 questions with different factors whereas FDR could be anything

With Hoover literally ALL they can ask is if his policies or his actions were enough or damaging, and as all already know, it was very limited and contradicting they cant ask anything else lol only thing i'm hoping with Hoover is i remember all the relevant OK i need
Original post by bsbnah
With Hoover literally ALL they can ask is if his policies or his actions were enough or damaging, and as all already know, it was very limited and contradicting they cant ask anything else lol only thing i'm hoping with Hoover is i remember all the relevant OK i need

yeah same i always find I panic thinking 'aaaahhh i don't know it' but once i get in there and see the sources I'm like 'ooooh yea i can write about that' just hoping the sources are rlly nice
Reply 91
if they don't ask prosperity i will cry
Original post by Hann18
if they don't ask prosperity i will cry

I think I'll cry if they do ask it...
does anyone know if for Part A there can be a stand alone question on WW1?
(edited 7 years ago)
List of questions I'd be happy to see:

Immigration
Prohibition
KKK
Opposition to the New Deal
Reasons for the Red Scare

List of questions I'll cry silently in the corner over:
Impacts of the Red Scare
Anything about WWII
Reasons for prosperity
Women(?!?!?!)
Original post by jessxo98
does anyone know if for Part A there can be a stand alone question on WW1?

I doubt it because it would probably have to be an impact one and they're much less common at A2
I doubt it because it would probably have to be an impact one and they're much less common at A2

ahhh thank you!! started to panic
ahhh thank you!! started to panic

no worries! also just remember at least you have a choice of 2 questions
no worries! also just remember at least you have a choice of 2 questions

we got told to choose 1 section to revise, so if theres a horrific question im just gonna have to try my best :rolleyes:
we got told to choose 1 section to revise, so if theres a horrific question im just gonna have to try my best :rolleyes:

for the sources or the essays?

Quick Reply

Latest