The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone have any tips on how to revise Media? I'm so stuck!!!
Original post by lou1207
Anyone have any tips on how to revise Media? I'm so stuck!!!

I'm doing mind maps for each topic and have managed to condense the whole of media onto one poster. I'm only learning some studies and only 2/4 PAID theories

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4162
Original post by doherty97
they asked biological on both papers last year though

And what's your point? They can do as they please? It's too open to question spotting if they don't...
Original post by Elle_w
I'm doing mind maps for each topic and have managed to condense the whole of media onto one poster. I'm only learning some studies and only 2/4 PAID theories

all on an A3 poster? So how many paragraphs are you hoping to write in the exam? :smile:
Reply 4164
Anyone have any predictions for Phobias?
Original post by NHM
And what's your point? They can do as they please? It's too open to question spotting if they don't...

fair enough, i think because they put gender schema which came up in june 14 that psychological could possibly come up... that also was on that years' paper! saying normally everyone just leaves out the last two years' questions
[QUOTE="lou1207;65609849"]
Original post by Elle_w

all on an A3 poster? So how many paragraphs are you hoping to write in the exam? :smile:

For a 4+6 I'm writing 5 , 2 A01 3 A02 and for the 10 applied maybe 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I the only one that doesn't think issues surrounding reliability and validity in classification of depression won't come up this year as it came up as a four marker last year?
Original post by Elle_w
Mine are all around 750 but that's probably because I ramble on a bit much 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i guess that makes me feel a bit better :tongue: but i also do mine on a computer so i dunno if that makes a difference! some of mine have gone up to 700/800 but that's max aha
Original post by Elle_w

Posted from TSR Mobile

do mind maps work for you then? so have you written the essays and then you're using mind maps to learn them?

because for psya3 i wrote the essays then condensed them to flash cards but i really dont think that helped me learn them at all and i ****ed up the exam, maybe i will do mind maps this time and hope for the best..
Original post by Anam
Hey how was your structure for piagets essay? i described four of his stages and for A02 i used contradictory research for each of his theories e.g Bower and wishart and Hughes and one point on how his theory can be applied to education

Sounds good, I couldn't write all four stages in time 😂 I talked about his cognitive Schemas, Assimilation, Accomodation, equilibrium and two of his stages.

AO2 used his own supporting evidence about universality with Dasen to contradict, bit of IDA reductionism and application and McGarrigle and Donaldson. Think it was my strongest tbh.GST....just no 😂
Original post by evekay
do mind maps work for you then? so have you written the essays and then you're using mind maps to learn them?

because for psya3 i wrote the essays then condensed them to flash cards but i really dont think that helped me learn them at all and i ****ed up the exam, maybe i will do mind maps this time and hope for the best..

Whit boards really help to. I draw the mind map and see how much I remembered

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle_w

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are the PAID theories? I am doing media but I've never heard of that.
Original post by wickedisgood
What are the PAID theories? I am doing media but I've never heard of that.

Priming' Arousal, Imitation, Desensitisation 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by evekay
yours is double the length of mine, mine are so short! do they need to be this long?

No - that one has too much in but I didn't want to cut it out before I asked my teacher which points are better to use. On average my written essays are 3 and a half sides in medium handwriting (a01 1 page, supporting/contradicting studies 1-1.5 pages, eval of studies/IDA 1-1.5 pages)
Does anyone have DEBATES for BIOLOGICAL explanations of depression please??? D:
Does anyone have a copy of the original paper (rather than the replacement which is on the AQA site) from last year? I'm just after the research methods questions
for the aqa a psychology unit 3 exam yesterday , i answered the evolutionary explanation which was not their instead of evoltionary of human aggression . would i lose all the marks. it was 4+16
Original post by azcy
For media, would they ever ask you a question on positive/negative effects of just computers and not video games? Bc it mentions both on the spec but I really don't have enough to write much with computers alone.

It always includes both video games and computers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4179
Original post by najtuna
for the aqa a psychology unit 3 exam yesterday , i answered the evolutionary explanation which was not their instead of evoltionary of human aggression . would i lose all the marks. it was 4+16

What? this makes no sense?

Latest