The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

For question 1b would I still get the marks for 9/20? I did put it as a percentage too but I only put 9/20 in the answer box.
Heey,
I got exactly the same... please explain it if 40.0 was wrong :smile:
I rearranged the formula?
Can anyone show me the work solution for question 20? 3x^2+6x-2
I got totally different answers
can someone explain question 15, the car depreciation as i got the answer as yes?
Original post by ad4m
There will be a range for Q25 considering the values were very long and many people might have rounded and not typed the whole version in. Plus different calculators will cut the answer off. I got 80.4 but there will be a range.
Yeah I used the answer button and wrote down one other working fully. My final calculator answer was 80.4755... To three significant figures it's 80.48 as the 0 is not a significant figure.
Hoping boundaries are low. A* may go up to 160+ but hoping it stays low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1766
Anyone got foundation mark scheme?
I had 0.22 as well!!

QUOTE=Gamer_44;65593879]Might be wrong, however, I think it may have been the small packet as the unit cost was something like 0.22222 whereas the others were higher?
Reply 1768
Original post by Nortexg
Yeah I used the answer button and wrote down one other working fully. My final calculator answer was 80.4755... To three significant figures it's 80.48 as the 0 is not a significant figure.

0 is considered a significant figure when between digits. However, you would not be penalised for leaving the answer to 2dp.
Original post by Fez_Shabbir
who done foundation ?

Me
Reply 1770
Original post by Maphec
can someone explain question 15, the car depreciation as i got the answer as yes?

what was ur answer? I got the right answer but i wrote yes for some reason, lol, silly me. but if you made the same mistake its because 7500 and under would mean the car depreciated by 50% as it costed 15000. If it was over this price, it was not as low as half yet.
such an easy exam- the grade boundaries should be high
Original post by thomas-cowley
Oh f**k, I got 47.5! How did you get that? I used 1/2absinc, cosine rule and then sine rule - and triple checked it

Basically in the area of a triangle, the angle has to 'connect' the 2 lengths...

So it gave B-A = 7cm B-C = 8cm Find angle BAC

Since this didn't connect the lengths, we had to find another length, or angle... Length was the easiest

1/2 abSinC = 18
(8*7*sinC)/2 = 18
8*7*sincC = 36
Sin^-1(9/14) = 40

Then cosine rule
A^2 = 8^2 + 7^2 - 2*8*7 * cos40
A = 5.215651673

Then sine rule
A (from above) / sin40 = 8 / sinx
8(sin40) / A = sinx
X = sin^-1 (8(sin40) / A)
X =80.37
X = 80.4

Hope that helped! Even though it's a bit late now :frown:
Original post by ad4m
0 is considered a significant figure when between digits. However, you would not be penalised for leaving the answer to 2dp.

Thanks, before the exam I researched significant figures and it was more complicated than I thought depending on the scenarios and stuff. Hopefully like you said they'll accept my answer, otherwise I can say good bye to the 100/100 dream.
Original post by TSRRR123
Heey,
I got exactly the same... please explain it if 40.0 was wrong :smile:
I rearranged the formula?

The question was to work out angle BAC but you must have worked out ABC and then gave that as the answer. You had to work out ABC before BAC, but you must have mistaken it and just given the wrong angle.
Original post by Fez_Shabbir
who done foundation ?

I did
[thats acceptable answer.

QUOTE=Jf1234;65594309]What if we put 9/20 instead of 0.45 for 1b?
Got around 86-90 some marks I'm unsure of, I could have gotten 95 if my calculated hadn't started acting weird during the exam and hadn't doubted myself in the last question. I was just unlucky, :s-smilie:
For the graph question, i plotted all the points correctly but joined them as straight lines instead of joining with a curve, will i lose marks for this?
Reply 1779
Original post by Nortexg
Thanks, before the exam I researched significant figures and it was more complicated than I thought depending on the scenarios and stuff. Hopefully like you said they'll accept my answer, otherwise I can say good bye to the 100/100 dream.

Don't worry I'm sure it will be fine. And anyway 99/100 is still a quite reasonable score hah. Best of luck for results I'm sure you got the A* you deserve!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending