The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eddso
If you got 160 UMS points (which is the bare minimum to get an A at AS) you would need like 1 mark into a B

If you got 170 UMS points (which sounds closer to that which you got) you would need a mid C

180 UMS points you would need a D :smile:

Oh my goodness is this legit??? How didn't I know this! Phew, feeling a bit calmer now....
Going into last minute panic about the exam!!
I got a C last year (re sat it so hopefully its a B now) but had 38UMS so was 2 away from a B and I got around 45/50 in my coursework. what do i need in this tomorrow to get a B? thanks!
Original post by Frankie32
Hi, I got 135UMS last year which was a C.
I got 38/50 in my coursework this year which was a B.
Could you tell me what mark I would need to get in this exam to a C or a B please? thank you

189/400 so far. 240/400 for a C which is 51UMS or 34/70 (Which is really 53 UMS but there isn't a raw mark score for 34/70 precisely on 51UMS) This is an E grade.
For a B you would need 91 UMS which is 53/70 which is a B grade in the exam.
I have barely been taught wartime Germany 1939-45 so would be totally unable to answer a question on it. I'm very confident with the other 3 topics though for section A. I'm just concerned, if the wartime Germany section comes up as one option (which I'm sure it will), and there's a horrid alternative, I will do terribly!

Can someone reassure me that everything will be okay? I'm aiming for an A* and the nerves have just kicked in!
Original post by Kattkin
Oh my goodness is this legit??? How didn't I know this! Phew, feeling a bit calmer now....

Don't forget to take into account your coursework mark also, the better you done in that plus AS, the less marks you need in the exam to get an A overall.
Original post by charmantell
I have barely been taught wartime Germany 1939-45 so would be totally unable to answer a question on it. I'm very confident with the other 3 topics though for section A. I'm just concerned, if the wartime Germany section comes up as one option (which I'm sure it will), and there's a horrid alternative, I will do terribly!

Can someone reassure me that everything will be okay? I'm aiming for an A* and the nerves have just kicked in!

Eeeeverything will be okay, I'm sure the exam will give you ideas and content you never knew you even learnt. At least, that's what its like for me. Goodluck!
If I got an A in AS (170 ums) and a middle A in the coursework what do I need in the exam please?
Original post by sixschmidt
Don't forget to take into account your coursework mark also, the better you done in that plus AS, the less marks you need in the exam to get an A overall.

Omg yay! I got 166 UMS last year & full marks in coursework so fingers crossed I can flunk and still be okay! :biggrin:
Reply 548
Original post by grassntai
The second reich? My teacher said it was highly unlikely and he predicted the wording of last years two questions right.

He said Final solution, Opposition to war, Golden years, Consolidation of Nazi power were the 4 topics most likely to come up.

When you say opposition to war, what does that mean ? Because I haven't really done the war apart from the controversy so what do u think will be included ?
Eeeeverything will be okay, I'm sure the exam will give you ideas and content you never knew you even learnt. At least, that's what its like for me. Goodluck!

Thank you! You too :smile:
Does anyone have an example of an A/A* answer concerning controversy A (German responsibility for WW1)?
Anyone have an example of a morale question and a plan for it?
Reply 552
Hey, if I have 148 UMS from last year (re-sat one unit so hopefully that goes up) not sure what I got on my coursework so lets say its 45/50 or somewhere around there, what would I need for an A or B grade?
Plus, how many UMS out of 400 is an A and how many UMS out of 400 is a B?
Thank you! :smile:
Anyone feel like they don't have time to go over everything?
Original post by Annie.humair
Anyone feel like they don't have time to go over everything?

i feel ya
Original post by Domers_
Does anyone have an example of an A/A* answer concerning controversy A (German responsibility for WW1)?

I've posted these before in the thread but here you go. Desire for war was the 2015 paper, and the Schlieffen Plan was 2011. Marks are inside.
Reply 556
Original post by Frankie32
Hi, I got 135UMS last year which was a C.
I got 38/50 in my coursework this year which was a B.
Could you tell me what mark I would need to get in this exam to a C or a B please? thank you

You will need 91 UMS (middle B) in this exam to get a B overall

You will need 51 UMS (middle C) in this exam to get a C overall
I've posted these before in the thread but here you go. Desire for war was the 2015 paper, and the Schlieffen Plan was 2011. Marks are inside.
Thank you so much! I just want to have a look to see how these answers are structured/written properly. Thank again!
Reply 558
I keep having a breakdown every 20 minutes. Ive heard two people say that the most likely is the final solution, or consolidation so heres hoping!!!
Guys I've done everything in the Weimar Republic, the final solution, opposition, popularity and efficiency. Gonna do morale next.
I'm not doing the second reich but now I'm starting to feel I won't have time to do the nazis either.
Any advice?
Should I prioritise anything???
The panic is real and I keep having breakdowns!!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest