The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Unit 2 (PHYA2) June 9th 2016 Resit paper

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mbh16
i just put the equation, then said that if the frequency was less than the fringe spacing decreases so you would see a small peak either side of the main peak

i said something similar, that you would see more waves between A and B because the width was smaller and cause higher frequency theres more between A and B?
dunno what you mean by frequency less so fridge space is less, do you mean frequency is higher?
Original post by Selborn
we got given refractive index an you needed to use n=C/Cs I believe

i did that but it then asked for the new wavelength . it gave us another wavelength .
Original post by jamestordoff
i did that but it then asked for the new wavelength . it gave us another wavelength .

yeah i just used like ratios to find that like for in the core and for in air, is that what you did? can't remember my answer though

It's just: n=lambda/lamda(substance)
Original post by txnilxnur
yeah i just used like ratios to find that like for in the core and for in air, is that what you did? can't remember my answer though

great , i think the wavelength they gave us was something point something times ten to the minus 9 and my new wavelength was something point something times ten to the minus 7
great , i think the wavelength they gave us was something point something times ten to the minus 9 and my new wavelength was something point something times ten to the minus 7

wasn't it 1300nm which is 1300 x10 9m
Original post by the_chosen_one97
It's just: n=lambda/lamda(substance)

by n do you mean the refractive index , i dont understand where in the spec it says that sorry i must have it wrong then . do you think my answer will still be right .,
Would the final speed of the empty lorry be higher as its driving force will be constant, therefore as m has decreased a would increase. As its the same time period a = v/t would therefore meaning it had a greater final speed?
Original post by GeorgeWhite2

i dont know i thought nm meant nano metres and so was x10-9

yeah I'm certain mine to the minus 7 too. can't even remember what the other questions were.. what were the questions after the 6 marker cause I'm sure there were some more on the same question

Thats what I meant, i knew what i typed looked wrong for some reason - forgot the minus sign.
Original post by henry.philips
Would the final speed of the empty lorry be higher as its driving force will be constant, therefore as m has decreased a would increase. As its the same time period a = v/t would therefore meaning it had a greater final speed?

i put that but im not sure if its right . loads of people are saying the terminal velocity is the same as the water lorry
by n do you mean the refractive index , i dont understand where in the spec it says that sorry i must have it wrong then . do you think my answer will still be right .,

Yes, you can use n=c/c(substance) and n=lambda/lambda(substance) - basically ratios. I can't remember what the refractive index was exactly but I'll use 1.42 as an example. The answer was 1300x10^-9 / 1.42 = 9.1x10^-7 or something very similar

Original post by GeorgeWhite2

nanometres is x10^-9 !! not 9
Original post by txnilxnur
yeah I'm certain mine to the minus 7 too. can't even remember what the other questions were.. what were the questions after the 6 marker cause I'm sure there were some more on the same question

im not sure its all a blank to me hahahah
Original post by the_chosen_one97
Yes, you can use n=c/c(substance) and n=lambda/lambda(substance) - basically ratios. I can't remember what the refractive index was exactly but I'll use 1.42 as an example. The answer was 1300x10^-9 / 1.42 = 9.1x10^-7 or something very similar

i think i got that so everyones a winner winner chicken dinner
Reply 516
i put that but im not sure if its right . loads of people are saying the terminal velocity is the same as the water lorry

I said the speeds at the end were equal but the leaking lorry accelerated faster therefore covering more distance in the same time period as the other lorry.
im not sure its all a blank to me hahahah

same lol
Original post by Selborn
I said the speeds at the end were equal but the leaking lorry accelerated faster therefore covering more distance in the same time period as the other lorry.

yeah but a fat man in a car cant reach the same speed as a skinny guy in a car if their resultant forces are the same can they ?
Reply 519
Original post by Physicsretake
anyone want to sign a petition to get the grade boundries lowerd drastically so 50% is an A, seems a reasonable thing to do....

Uhh no..
1. why would the AQA give a **** if 300 students said that it should be lowered? They put the grade boundaries at a level that accurately reflects skill level of the student.
2. The grade boundaries will probably be low anyway as it was slightly harder than previous years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending