The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Hey so it looks like I got around 132/135 in both papers, what grade am I looking at? I'm hoping for an A because my mums been pressuring me but I'm not sure because everyone is saying that they found it easy so I'm not sure how high the grade boundaries will be.. Any ideas?
Reply 1822
Original post by Nightly
Not bad. I got between 88 and 93 percent.

what do you think an A will be this year overall i think i got 130-133/200????
On Q17, i used sine rule in the triangle to find an angle. However, i didn't know about the ambiguous value for the sine rule and used the wrong form of the answer. Would i get 0marks eventhough i got all the methods right, just not the angle?
The answer you got for question 11 is wrong because you didn't add the £17.5 that he has to pay for the car park. This means tha the right answer for question 11 is £17.5+£42.29= £59.79
Original post by Rajive
I got 40.0?

Yeah I got 40.1
Original post by mathsmaths321
The answer you got for question 11 is wrong because you didn't add the £17.5 that he has to pay for the car park. This means tha the right answer for question 11 is £17.5+£42.29= £59.79

I think you added the parking twice dude
Reply 1827
Do you have the working solution for question 11
Original post by ocj28
what do you think an A will be this year overall i think i got 130-133/200????

thats probably a B - an A will be about 140-145
Original post by krystal16
On Q17, i used sine rule in the triangle to find an angle. However, i didn't know about the ambiguous value for the sine rule and used the wrong form of the answer. Would i get 0marks eventhough i got all the methods right, just not the angle?

You'd probably get 2 marks if you got the method right☺️
Reply 1830
Original post by FinleyBarry

but it was 125 for an A last year though it shouldn't increase that much

God I doubt they'll be that high, a lot of people I know don't think they managed to even get a C
Original post by zeldor711
I got 80.1? You're probably right. Did you get the other angle as 40 and side as 5.22?

I got 80.1!!!
Reply 1833
Got everything there but put 30 instead of 30.1, forgot the half in 1/2absinc for the last question and got 1/3x+4 instead of -1/3x+4. Still kicking myself. HOW DO YOU FORGET HALF, IT IS A TRIANGLE. :'( But I should get above 95 due to ecf.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry lol i don't know the grade boundaries for an A, that was just an assumption
Original post by LilyKitty
I don't think so because the angle has to be between the two sides (7 &8) for the formula of triangle area to work and x was another angle so you had to do cosine to find another side and then sine rule too before you could get x. Not sure though. xx

Yep everything you wrote is right and that's exactly what i did and my answer was 3.11
Original post by Nurne
Got everything there but... I should get above 55 due to ecf.

Pick one.
So for an A* what do you expect the grade boundaries to be?

I'd say 168-170/200

That's what I am wondering but no one's answering haha. Tbh the paper was very easy however it was a paper that you could easily lose marks and make silly mistakes and quite a lot of people did. I just hope I got enough for an A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest