The Student Room Group

Do boys care about flat stomachs or abs?

post deleted
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I know I don't.
Reply 2
Original post by lahmejacks
however my stomach isn't flat -

Is your face/'personality' more attractive than your belly? That's a more important question.
Original post by lahmejacks

excuse the socks, too

Damn the pending attachment approval; I want to see the socks now. I like a good sock.
As long as you dont have an overhang.
Reply 4
Some people just can not achieve a flat stomach no matter how hard they train - it's not the way their body shape naturally is. There's nothing wrong with that. This obsession with flat washboard abs is relatively recent anyway, look at classical art.

People easily forget, sitting at their computers looking at images and articles, that lasting attraction is nothing to do with individual physical characteristics - it's the whole person that you fall for, and once you do, you see them as beautiful. Whether they have a crooked nose, un-flat stomach, large birthmark or anything else. Look around you at the people in relationships and tell me they're all physically perfect according to current social ideas, or that they're all secretly dissatisfied with each others' bodies. That's just not how it actually works in reality.
I don't really know what you mean by bloated and hard, but a flat stomach/ abs on a girl is very attractive.

Spoiler

If it is not wobbly when you tense, it is not fat so reducing calories is not the answer. It sounds ad though it could be caused by poor posture.
Reply 7
Upload your photo to imgur (don't even need an account) and link.

I have gotten my body fat % down quite a lot, but my stomach sadly isn't flat either.
Reply 8
personally to me it doesn't matter what build you are just have wonderful personality - but for yourself if you feel the need to be thinner remember you do need some fat to survive and acknowledge the fact that you may not be able do get a flat stomach or abs - one way that is useful to lots of abb exercises like planks etc that will burn fat/ promote muscle growth in the abdominal area.
Reply 9
Well nobody prefers a belly over abs - lol :biggrin:

Unless you're like Peter Griffin... :tongue:

[video="youtube;1f9hKKjcYhc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f9hKKjcYhc[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I don't really know what you mean by bloated and hard, but a flat stomach/ abs on a girl is very attractive.

Spoiler

Lmao at you advising her, you really wanna see those pics bruv lool
you're a 5k runner, that alone makes you fitter than 90% of people. As others have said, your body means nothing if you're looking for "connections", they want to see your personality
Original post by 0to100
Lmao at you advising her, you really wanna see those pics bruv lool

Oh my, what slander!

Spoiler

Yes, one the whole guys would prefer a flat stomach over a fatter one, assuming that all other features remain the same. It needs to be a fair test
I firkin hope you do jeeezzz this crap is hard work
Think its much more face and shape first. Flat somechs are weight loss. You just cant spot reduce.
If a man turns you down because your stomach isn't flat, then is that a man you'd like to be with, honestly?:redface:
Yeah i mean I've got the beginnings of abs and I've been told by many men that i'm a man because I also have strong legs and arms. (Ie visible toning but i'm not Arnie from terminator, it's just uncommon for women). This is mainly because i rock climb about 6 hours a week - but the thing is if you're physically fit, then generally you'll be attracted to those of your type, so also physically fit and they tend to prefer those that are also more physically fit. So it doesn't matter if some guys don't find you attractive because if they make fun of you they're not worth your time.
Doesn't matter what your body looks like. Even if it is a train wreck there is ALWAYS guys willing to go for it. The only variable is the quality of guy you will attract.
It sounds like you just have problems with bloating, which can definitely be reduced. You might find this video useful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcF43_DT7J8 & yeah like the other person said, a good posture can make a big difference!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending