The Student Room Group

6GR03 Edexcel Product Design - Graphic Products (2016)

Product Design: Graphic Products 6GR03 on June 10th

Any useful notes?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Don't know if this is any help but here's stuff that has never come up before:
- CAD - virtual modelling and testing
- Altering genes in woods (GM Trees)
- Miniaturisation of products and components
- Local and global production
- Arts and Crafts Movement
- Bauhaus/Modernist movement
- Cleaner Design and Technology - Design & Manufacture
- Four 'R's
- Reduction of carbon footprint by reducing emissions/carbon offsetting
Original post by ameliadave
Don't know if this is any help but here's stuff that has never come up before:
- CAD - virtual modelling and testing
- Altering genes in woods (GM Trees)
- Miniaturisation of products and components
- Local and global production
- Arts and Crafts Movement
- Bauhaus/Modernist movement
- Cleaner Design and Technology - Design & Manufacture
- Four 'R's
- Reduction of carbon footprint by reducing emissions/carbon offsetting

Thank you so much! You are an absolute life saver. Have you done every single past paper?
Has anyone got any videos or slides that will help?
Original post by marioandluigi
Thank you so much! You are an absolute life saver. Have you done every single past paper?

Yep! All of the ones on the edexcel website. It's a bit late but I'd recommend going through some of them and looking at mark schemes to see how examiners like you to answer them. Also read examiners reports, they tell you a lot about what key words you should look for in the questions with regards to how many points they want from you. Also there was a lot of similarity between June 2010 and June 2015. So I'm going to have another look over 2011 just in case there's some sort of trend forming. There is also usually application questions about Form vs Function and Anthropometrics and Ergonomics, so make sure you're fully clear on what those are. Good luck, we're the second to last people doing this exam so hopefully they'll be nice to us tomorrow!
Reply 8
I'm still struggling :L, I've gone through the whole book and looking at past papers is making me lose hope
I would place my bets on Bauhaus
Reply 10
The 4 R's have come up but they come up individually instead of together.
Original post by Anthony O
I'm still struggling :L, I've gone through the whole book and looking at past papers is making me lose hope

I'd just try and make sure you include as much as you can in that two hours, don't stop early and sit there, like even the most obvious points have been put down as marks before. E.g. for the features of a chair one year you got a mark for "it can be sat on". And in graphics with the reasonably tight boundaries every little mark counts.

Also make sure that you also answer with as many justifications to your answers as possible, using as much technical language as you can think of. Other than that I don't really think there is much else advice that can be given in this exam. All of the mark schemes are so sporadic in what they want from us that we just need to think on our feet a lot, referring to the technical knowledge as much as possible.

Good luck to you all! :smile:
Original post by Cascadess

yusss xD
As soon as i saw the gm question and Bauhaus, i instantly thought of this thread :P
Wasn't too bad, but we'll see in august i guess.

Good Luck!
yusss xD

Well, what can I say :wink:
Original post by Cascadess

I'm in love with you.
As soon as i saw the gm question and Bauhaus, i instantly thought of this thread :P
Wasn't too bad, but we'll see in august i guess.

Good Luck!

Same! Good luck to you too!
Original post by ameliadave
Yep! All of the ones on the edexcel website. It's a bit late but I'd recommend going through some of them and looking at mark schemes to see how examiners like you to answer them. Also read examiners reports, they tell you a lot about what key words you should look for in the questions with regards to how many points they want from you. Also there was a lot of similarity between June 2010 and June 2015. So I'm going to have another look over 2011 just in case there's some sort of trend forming. There is also usually application questions about Form vs Function and Anthropometrics and Ergonomics, so make sure you're fully clear on what those are. Good luck, we're the second to last people doing this exam so hopefully they'll be nice to us tomorrow!

Holy ****, almost everything you said came up. Literally cannot thank you enough! I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your exams :smile:
Wow if only I had known these were the ones to come... How did It go? Hardest question was probably the disadvantages of using robots to make products in the production. System
Original post by Hellper
Wow if only I had known these were the ones to come... How did It go? Hardest question was probably the disadvantages of using robots to make products in the production. System

I had practised a robot question just like that before so it was ok, if only it was pros and cons I would've had a guaranteed 8 marks :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending