The Student Room Group

Some examples of subtle racism

Scroll to see replies

Why is no one talking about the fact that if you type in three Asian teenagers it comes up with pictures of topless and scantily clad women?
I hope OP ain't quoting me because he's blocked, I just cba anymore with him/her/it
Original post by 0to100
Never seen you even remotely livid before. If he/she still refuses to understand then don't bother upsetting yourself.

I'm not livid :rofl2: very much still in good spirits. Silly suggestions should be met with a good rebuttal. :yes:
Original post by Ladbants
Why is no one talking about the fact that if you type in three Asian teenagers it comes up with pictures of topless and scantily clad women?

Maybe because you search that a lot.
Original post by iEthan
I'm not livid :rofl2: very much still in good spirits. Silly suggestions should be met with a good rebuttal. :yes:

It is a silly one init lol in real life I'd never stop an argument but on here I've honestly been put off arguing for too long because people revenge-report for nonsense. But yea educate the ignorant, by all means.
Original post by 0to100
Maybe because you search that a lot.

No I'd don't sea g it myself it came up on Reddit
Original post by iEthan
INCREDIBLY hard. So utterly, unbelievably hard. Google has an internal process in which any change to a vital piece of code (that would be the way in which Google's algorithm works for SURE) has to be approved by several incredibly senior members of staff before it goes into production and that's without even mentioning the testing, pre-approval process amongst the technicians (of which, there are usually about 50 for each project) and risk assessments plus marketing assessments that Google puts into place for every vital code change. To suggest that some idiot could change vital code within the search engine's process without it being noticed and/or without them being sued to the point where they would be worth minus money is completely and utterly absurd.

So again, don't.

Alright, calm down I didn't know that.
Lol if you type in three Asian teenagers it comes up with inappropriate images
Original post by Multiculturalism
Alright, calm down I didn't know that.

:h::h::h:
Original post by 0to100
But you showed a tweet to support your theory that google...a computerised search engine...is racist.

You and OP are seriously ****ing up the otherwise valid argument that there is racism in this world. You're making it sound completely ridiculous. Smh.

calm it i just put the tweet to show it was only me or OP who saw this.
You're making it sound completely ridiculous.
Did i once say anything ridiculous about racism.
I just agree with OP that google CAN be messed up
I know google ain't a person with feeling!
I'm not affected by this bull sh*t! :tongue:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
x

Right iEthan already explained it. I really have nothing left to say about this stupid thread anymore anyway though.
Reply 51
Original post by Multiculturalism
@iEthan you say its about algorithms, so isn't racist, but there are humans behind the algorithms. Isnt it likely that some google employees decided to have a laugh at black peoples expense?

No, of course not, that's a pretty outrageous accusation, who on earth would do that :lolwut:
lOL YES LOOK WHAT I SAW
DISGUSTING IF U ASK ME

Spoiler

And you're still going on about it?! When you just said you don't believe it!
AGAIN this happens because of what you search a lot or what the engine predicts based on KEY WORDS. it's certainly not the only photo or type of photo that shows up when you type 3 asian teenagers in.
Original post by iEthan
:h::h::h:

You know when on other forum sites when someone asks for help, and then people are free to post, and then the problem gets solved, the mod announces it and then stops the ability to post? Because there's no reason to keep discussing it? You should try that.
Original post by 0to100
You know when on other forum sites when someone asks for help, and then people are free to post, and then the problem gets solved, the mod announces it and then stops the ability to post? Because there's no reason to keep discussing it? You should try that.

It would probably be classed as an abuse of powers :lol: there's no reason to close the thread imo. After all, OP is entitled to their opinion.
Original post by iEthan
It would probably be classed as an abuse of powers :lol: there's no reason to close the thread imo. After all, OP is entitled to their opinion.

Nah. Who do I complain to about this at the TSR headquarters lol They should definitely consider giving mods the right to close stupid threads.
Original post by 0to100
And you're still going on about it?! When you just said you don't believe it!
AGAIN this happens because of what you search a lot or what the engine predicts based on KEY WORDS. it's certainly not the only photo or type of photo that shows up when you type 3 asian teenagers in.

ur right i should tone it down :colonhash::sadnod::sad:

Spoiler

Reply 57
You're an idiot if you think racism isnt prevalent in the UK or the US.
Reply 58
Original post by 0to100
Nah. Who do I complain to about this at the TSR headquarters lol They should definitely consider giving mods the right to close stupid threads.

Who decides what is a stupid thread? It is better to see these idiotic threads than to let people go into an echo chamber
Original post by joecphillips
Who decides what is a stupid thread? It is better to see these idiotic threads than to let people go into an echo chamber

Everyone's opinions decides. I hate the cosigning politically correct crap too but some **** is just ridiculous lol

ur right i should tone it down :colonhash::sadnod::sad:

Spoiler

My jaw...someone pick up my jaw...

Quick Reply

Latest