The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths 2016 paper 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by James2021
Wait so was the first packet the smallest? Was that the answer? Or did we have to find the biggest? Im confused xD
Im so used to them saying work out the best value for money i must have not registered if it says otherwise. Its unfair they would pull something like that xD

i put the first packet as my answer, the question was asking for value for money, but ive seen a few people agree with you and me, a few saying the second one and a few saying the last one haha. im pretty sure that it is either the first or last packet that was the answer, im waiting for Mr Kibria to post a worked answer paper
Original post by grundle
i put the first packet as my answer, the question was asking for value for money, but ive seen a few people agree with you and me, a few saying the second one and a few saying the last one haha. im pretty sure that it is either the first or last packet that was the answer, im waiting for Mr Kibria to post a worked answer paper

Ah ok. I put the first packet as well. I swear the question was asking for value for money and i have no doubt that the first one was the answer if that is the case.
Reply 42
Yep i got £42.28 as well.

I cant remember what i got for the sector one but i'm pretty sure i got it right.
I done (4*2)*pi*(75/360)
Then (6*2)*pi*(75/360)
Then i added the two fours and these two results. i got something like 28....
Original post by ozziess

I cant remember what i got for the sector one but i'm pretty sure i got it right.
I done (4*2)*pi*(75/360)
Then (6*2)*pi*(75/360)

Wait why are people doing it like that. Don't you have to start from the origin to work out the length of the sector? Meaning you would have had to do 10 x 2 x pi? (add the 6 and 4)
Reply 44
When will the mark scheme come out?
yes omg, the non calculator was so much easier for me, everything that I hadn't revised came up on this
Grade boundaries?
Original post by mummy2maisie123
I did do 3.75 but in the end I just subtracted the answers I got for 3.7 and 3.8 from the 34 and 3.7 seemed closer by 0.0.... Something so I just went with that and hoped for best! Lol

The reason why I got 3.8 as the answer was because doing 3.75 gave an answer just short of 34 (it was 33.984 or something like that) and 3.8 gave a value above 34. Like I said before, the true solution would've been between these 2 points, meaning that it would've rounded to 3.8.
Original post by ozziess

I done (4*2)*pi*(75/360)
Then (6*2)*pi*(75/360)

Also got £42.28

And for the sector question I got 28.9, like you said - the two calculations you wrote plus 8.
Original post by leafcannon
The reason why I got 3.8 as the answer was because doing 3.75 gave an answer just short of 34 (it was 33.984 or something like that) and 3.8 gave a value above 34. Like I said before, the true solution would've been between these 2 points, meaning that it would've rounded to 3.8.

Yeah you're right, I can see how you've worked it out. I realised this myself whilst in the exam but it was one of those "which shall I go for". Could kick myself now though! Have you any idea on grade boundaries btw please?
Original post by mummy2maisie123
Yeah you're right, I can see how you've worked it out. I realised this myself whilst in the exam but it was one of those "which shall I go for". Could kick myself now though! Have you any idea on grade boundaries btw please?

I really don't tend to worry about grade boundaries. Although I'd say that they might be same (80-85 for an A*), if not maybe a tiny bit higher, although I'm only saying that since I found it relatively easy.
What did you guys get for the very last 6 mark question. I got 40 degrees
Reply 52
What did you guys get for the crisps question?
Reply 53
Original post by aisha591
What did u guys get for how much collins journey costs[/QU
Urm his jkunrey was very exlensivd as he hasd ti stol kn his wayto get skms milk for his mjm to make some cheese x
Reply 54
Original post by StarxScreamx
What did you guys get for the very last 6 mark question. I got 40 degrees

England took 160,000 fans to germany 2006
Original post by Tkkkkk16
What did you guys get for the crisps question?

first pack had best value
Reply 56
Original post by StarxScreamx
first pack had best value
thannks, glad i got it right
I hope the grade boundaries aren't super duper high
It was definitely the first one as for one packet it was at least 3 pence cheaper than the second and third packs
Who would of thought biology B1 would have been in the paper too looool (BMI)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending