The Student Room Group

Can i have some advice please

All through year 11 ive been revising super hard like 1:30 hours per day and i feel like pressure has been put on me by my family,myself, my class mates and my teacher to get a B, and i sat a mock test 3 months ago and i got a B, so i got all excited knowing ill get a B, but today i think ive just miserably failed and it makes me depressed and sick to my stomach just thinking i might of failed and let them all down. I feel like im going to have a mental break down. ask for your advice to help me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Cameron Lambo
All through year 11 ive been revising super hard like 1:30 hours per day and i feel like pressure has been put on me by my family,myself, my class mates and my teacher to get a B, and i sat a mock test 3 months ago and i got a B, so i got all excited knowing ill get a B, but today i think ive just miserably failed and it makes me depressed and sick to my stomach just thinking i might of failed and let them all down. I feel like im going to have a mental break down. ask for your advice to help me

Don't worry about what they think. These are your grades, and all you need to worry about is how you feel - it's your future, not theirs, to put it bluntly.

I'm sorry the exam didn't feel great, but there's no guarantee there that you actually did badly, the answers you gave may have been spot on, even if they were guesses!!!

Just remember that as long as you did your best, that's what matters. You've obviously put in the time and the work; everyone has bad days!! And if other people decide to judge you for them, they obviously have nothing more important to do.

Hope this helps, do get back to me with anything else if I can help.

H
Original post by 09HB
Don't worry about what they think. These are your grades, and all you need to worry about is how you feel - it's your future, not theirs, to put it bluntly.

I'm sorry the exam didn't feel great, but there's no guarantee there that you actually did badly, the answers you gave may have been spot on, even if they were guesses!!!

Just remember that as long as you did your best, that's what matters. You've obviously put in the time and the work; everyone has bad days!! And if other people decide to judge you for them, they obviously have nothing more important to do.

Hope this helps, do get back to me with anything else if I can help.

H

Thank you, you have made me feel better but i will probobally still feel the way i am for a couple of days. I just cant cope with the fact i may of failed :frown:
Reply 3
Thank you, you have made me feel better but i will probobally still feel the way i am for a couple of days. I just cant cope with the fact i may of failed :frown:

What subject was it? And the fact that you've posted on here suggests you're not thick (although some of the people on here make me question this judgement :P); I'm sure you've done OK!

I'm always here if you want to talk, I know what it's like; I failed Y12
Original post by 09HB
What subject was it? And the fact that you've posted on here suggests you're not thick (although some of the people on here make me question this judgement :P); I'm sure you've done OK!

Higher maths
Reply 5
Higher maths

Eek! That's quite an important one!

Worst case, re-sits are about £30
Original post by 09HB

What did you fail in y12 if you dont mind me asking
I think that as long as you have done your best your parents, friends and family will be so proud of you. I bet they have seen how hard you have worked and no matter what will admire your dedication to your work and revision. It's yourself that will be disappointed, but just remember how hard you have worked. Failure is not getting the grade you were predicted, Failure is not trying
Reply 8
What did you fail in y12 if you dont mind me asking

I failed French, Computing, Biology and Chemistry, doing a full re-sit.

I didn't try. You did, so should do better
[QUOTE="chappers4;65618285"]I think that as long as you have done your best your parents, friends and family will be so proud of you. I bet they have seen how hard you have worked and no matter what will admire your dedication to your work and revision. It's yourself that will be disappointed, but just remember how hard you have worked. Failure is not getting the grade you were predicted, Failure is not trying[/QUOTE

Thank you
Original post by 09HB
I failed French, Computing, Biology and Chemistry, doing a full re-sit.

I didn't try. You did, so should do better

Good luck, i hope you get the grades you want
Reply 11
Good luck, i hope you get the grades you want

Thank you, and to you!

H
Original post by 09HB
Eek! That's quite an important one!

Worst case, re-sits are about £30

I know :frown:. If it comes to it when do you do the resits like a year later or like a couple of months later
Reply 13
I know :frown:. If it comes to it when do you do the resits like a year later or like a couple of months later

The resits are in the next set of exams - every June now :/
Original post by 09HB
The resits are in the next set of exams - every June now :/

Lets hope i do get a B now im not gonna settle for a C

Don't worry about it, Atleast you put the effort into it, I know you will get a high grade!

if it helps, the other day, on the radio, they were talking about random stuff, so they were talking about unusual things that make you smarter than others and one of the things were that if you think our not smart and you do terribly wrong, you tend to be much smarter than your tricking yourself into thinking, this applies to pretty much anyone. :wink:
Reply 16
Lets hope i do get a B now im not gonna settle for a C

I'm sure you'll be fine
Original post by 09HB
I'm sure you'll be fine

Thank you for beliving in my when i dont. I hope you can pass your exams good luck :smile:
Original post by EthanH14
Don't worry about it, Atleast you put the effort into it, I know you will get a high grade!

if it helps, the other day, on the radio, they were talking about random stuff, so they were talking about unusual things that make you smarter than others and one of the things were that if you think our not smart and you do terribly wrong, you tend to be much smarter than your tricking yourself into thinking, this applies to pretty much anyone. :wink:

Haha, thanks
Don't worry and watch this:

[video="youtube;D-eVF_G_p-Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-eVF_G_p-Y[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending