The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4200
Original post by evekay
how are you memorising them? because the way i did it for psya3 didn't get me very far so im looking for another method
sorry, betting everyones pretty sick of seeing me on this thread😅

Same for PSYA3 for schizophrenia and media I have no idea cause they're little questions probably flash cards 💁
Original post by sophhoran1998
The question said explanation(s) so explaining one is fine or you could explain 2

No it didn't, it literally said "explanations" - you needed more than one.
Original post by bullseye1
No it didn't, it literally said "explanations" - you needed more than one.

omg does anyone have the paper??
Original post by patricio_miguel
IMPORTANT!

To those worrying about the explanation(S) question for addiction. I spoke to my teacher today (he is an examiner - as in he WRITES the exams for A2 Psych). He said that one would get away with sexual jealousy and infidelity for 4 marks (they would be treated as distinct explanations). He did admit that this was a tricky one but he said you did have to put both! Not just infidelity, for instance.

Thankyou! Wasn't sure if infidelity and sexual jealousy would count as 2 but sounds like it would, but I was right about what I said - you needed to write about both, or write about 2 aspects of group display!
Original post by Alisahussain1
omg does anyone have the paper??

Just quoting patrico_miguel here:

"IMPORTANT!

To those worrying about the explanation(S) question for addiction. I spoke to my teacher today (he is an examiner - as in he WRITES the exams for A2 Psych). He said that one would get away with sexual jealousy and infidelity for 4 marks (they would be treated as distinct explanations). He did admit that this was a tricky one but he said you did have to put both! Not just infidelity, for instance."

Therefore, you can be certain you needed to write about sexual jealousy AND infidelity. You can't get away with writing about just one.
Anyone doing media?
For the evo aggression question i wrote a page about xenophobia and sports cause i didn't have time for warfare, so out of the 4 marks for AO1, how many do you reckon i lost?
Original post by NHM
Same for PSYA3 for schizophrenia and media I have no idea cause they're little questions probably flash cards 💁

how did you revise for psya3?...
Original post by fair.francesco
YES! I completly mis-read the question because I felt so rushed and panicked! I did group displays by accident, but applied it to aggression in general... Did I complete balls that up? Or will it work

my teach says that it will be okay and we will still get marks for it
Original post by keepdreaming-
Anyone doing media?

I am
Any good media resources out there?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
I hate sexual selection and sexual investment 😭😭🔫

I hate culture but would prefer it to those two 😭😭😪
What would you like?

hey sorry i havent been on, how did u find the exam?
Original post by harriet54321
depends on how well you do in unit 4 but you should be fine

but it is possible right
Original post by miajohnsonhall
same! im struggling with learning the plans for the most likelys (four essay plans per subject) this is mad long

ikr!!! took me the whole day to learn the essays. How did u find the exam?
Am I literally the only one doing anomalistic?
Original post by patricio_miguel
I guess so! I didn't ask him specifically about that.

wait what?! so we had to write about both group display and infidelity and jealousy??? i just wrote about infidelity and jealousy!!!!!
why is there no IDA for schizophrenia?
Original post by bubblegumcat
wait what?! so we had to write about both group display and infidelity and jealousy??? i just wrote about infidelity and jealousy!!!!!

No, sexual jealousy (1st explanation) and sexual infidelity (2nd explanation). These would count as two explanations therefore would be fine for that question.
Are you guys still doing the 24 markers for PSYA4 in 30 mins? I might give myself 35 or 40 minutes for each one tbh
Original post by yung7up
Are you guys still doing the 24 markers for PSYA4 in 30 mins? I might give myself 35 or 40 minutes for each one tbh

45min!

Latest

Trending

Trending