The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths Higher Grade Boundaries

What are you guys predicting? I took a look at the highest grade boundaries ever since 2012 (as this years paper could be one of the nicest) and they were:

November 2013:
A* = 170
A = 140
B = 104
C = 68
D =25

I'm probably saying that this year will be similar to those, what do you guys think it will be?
Yeah I think so too. I was hoping for an A*, but panicked on the first paper and ran out of time. Second one was quite easy. So I'll probably be getting an A :frown:
Original post by Jakeyslack
Yeah I think so too. I was hoping for an A*, but panicked on the first paper and ran out of time. Second one was quite easy. So I'll probably be getting an A :frown:

Same here, the first paper i was stressing out a bit as i make stupid mistakes and really like the reassurance of my calculator :frown:

I wanted an A* too, how well do you think you did? Best case scenario i think i could of scraped an A*
Original post by chrlhyms
Same here, the first paper i was stressing out a bit as i make stupid mistakes and really like the reassurance of my calculator :frown:

I wanted an A* too, how well do you think you did? Best case scenario i think i could of scraped an A*

Well, I checked the unofficial mark scheme for both papers, and got around 68-71 marks on the first paper depending on method marks. The second paper I did a lot better, with 80-90 marks, checking the unofficial markscheme. I might resit in November of I'm close to an A*
Well, I checked the unofficial mark scheme for both papers, and got around 68-71 marks on the first paper depending on method marks. The second paper I did a lot better, with 80-90 marks, checking the unofficial markscheme. I might resit in November of I'm close to an A*

Do you want to do it at a level? I wouldn't retake if i were you it might be a lot of stress combined with a levels especially if you're gonna do a level maths
Original post by chrlhyms
Do you want to do it at a level? I wouldn't retake if i were you it might be a lot of stress combined with a levels especially if you're gonna do a level maths

Yeah I'm doing A Level maths ha. I just wanna get that A*. It kills me to know that I didn't do my best in the first exam - and that I'm more than capable of getting an A*. Let's just hope the grade boundaries are low, probably won't be though hah
I thought this was the last ever maths edexcel paper before new spec
Yeah I'm doing A Level maths ha. I just wanna get that A*. It kills me to know that I didn't do my best in the first exam - and that I'm more than capable of getting an A*. Let's just hope the grade boundaries are low, probably won't be though hah

If you know you're capable of A* then you shouldn't retake if you get an A-its best to focus on next year.. i feel the same tho i would feel as if i shouldn't be doing a level maths if i dont get an A* but i know i can get A*

People also always say its easier than it actually is, and they realise they haven't done as well when they look at the mark scheme etc so i think they will high but not too bad hopefully
Original post by 88najibmohamed88
I thought this was the last ever maths edexcel paper before new spec

No, the examinations being next June-so there will be one November paper for the people who dont pass and then there will be a June paper which is the new spec
Reply 9
Am i the only one who didnt like this paper and preferred the non calc????
Original post by lou2471

Probably haha
Original post by lou2471

i think so
Reply 12
[QUOTE="chrlhyms;65617489"]What are you guys predicting? I took a look at the highest grade boundaries ever since 2012 (as this years paper could be one of the nicest) and they were:

November 2013:
A* = 170
A = 140
B = 104
C = 68
D =25

I'm probably saying that this year will be similar to those, what do you guys think it will be?[/QUOTE

I think that I got in between 150-161 - is that still an A?
Reply 13

Yeah, I think I've got similar marks to you! I still have no idea why I panicked during the first exam...
I got around 54-56 in the non calculator paper and 73-75 on calculator paper, so around 130. What grade would that be guys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending