The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by failureofaperson
Hey so it looks like I got around 132/135 in both papers, what grade am I looking at? I'm hoping for an A because my mums been pressuring me but I'm not sure because everyone is saying that they found it easy so I'm not sure how high the grade boundaries will be.. Any ideas?

Same here I think we'll get an A even if the grade boundary for this one is high they can only go up by a mark of two. And the non calculator should be a low boundary anyway
it was 30.1 degress not 80.1
Say I got around 80 on both papers (160/200) do you think that would just scrape an A* ???? .. I know it was like 155/200 last year for an A* but the boundaries are likely to rise
Original post by MovedMasterMike
Look let's settle this probability on stem leaf diagram question. IS IT 9/20 OR 0.45?

Both, they are equal to each other. 9/20 is 0.45 as a fraction... Almost certain both will be a mark.
It could but I don't think so. Many people found it easy while a lot of people found it hard. I think it'll be about 96 for a B, 132 for an A and 168 for an A*. At least, I hope it'll be like that😂

That may not be likely, that's a pretty big jump from 1 grade to another. It normally takes around 7/9 marks to move from 1 grade to another.
How many marks do you think we would need for an a*?
How many marks do you think we would need for an a* overall?
would 160 be enough for an A*?
Original post by Crimson6588
How many marks do you think we would need for an a* overall?

168 ish
For question 3, I PUT x=37/4 INSTEAD OF 9.25. Will I still get all the marks???
Original post by Maniac.Droid

That may not be likely, that's a pretty big jump from 1 grade to another. It normally takes around 7/9 marks to move from 1 grade to another.

so what do you reckon it'll be? the total mark for A*
Original post by MovedMasterMike
For question 3, I PUT x=37/4 INSTEAD OF 9.25. Will I still get all the marks???

yes you will dw
What was question 9 about again?
Original post by QAG
Anyone got the foundation paper mark scheme? I and everyone else doing foundation would highly appreciate it. Cheers :smile:

Me to :frown: anyone found this yet? :smile:
Reply 1914
What will boundary C be. Is it going to be 70 or 65.
Original post by bethanyjx
Say I got around 80 on both papers (160/200) do you think that would just scrape an A* ???? .. I know it was like 155/200 last year for an A* but the boundaries are likely to rise

I think gb are gonna go up substantially, maybe around 140 for A and around 170 for A*
Yeah I'm thinking I got 132-134 but idk what that would be😔

thats a solid A. A* tends to be around 165 - check last years grade boundaries on the edexcel website
Original post by epage
For the trial and improvement one my few ids were saying they got 3.7 but I got 3.8 and I was 100% sure that was right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am 99.999999% sure it is 3.8 because 3.75 was slightly too small but 3.85 was too big and therefore it would have rounded to 3.8 either way. You are definitely right!!
Original post by Giovanni_
I think gb are gonna go up substantially, maybe around 140 for A and around 170 for A*

It's not going to be that hard, if it was that high then that would suggest 2016 was one of the easiest exam year for maths so far, which it wasn't
For the stratified sampling i rounded 10.8 to 10 instead of 11, will i lose a mark?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending