The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
At the risk of sounding like the crisis team......could you try taking a hot bath or shower or maybe a cup of tea to try and relax you? (or whatever works best for you?)

Sorry to hear you've been struggling so much today, it's annoying when you have a great day then a *****y one, the contrast seems to make everything so much worse.
I'm just gonna try a bath and then do some colouring in. I've been here before but like you said, its annoying to fall back to a bad day after having a good day. Being back home with my cats is helping :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
A while :redface:
Thank you me too lol

Spoiler

----------------
It is so hard to hide everything, wish i could be honest with ppl but that is impossible and wish everyone would stop asking me stupid questions and being suspicious :/
~Anon 1

Well thats a shame!
No worries!

Spoiler

Original post by FireFreezer77
Well thats a shame!
No worries!

Yeh i've been drawing a lot recently :redface:
And absolutely not :hugs: you are very kind :smile: I mean people inrl, I basically live two lives and it is hard to keep my 'real self'' if you want to call it that hidden :redface:

--------
Glasses are fab btw everyone on this thread :gah: not biased at all :innocent:
Original post by Airmed
Yeah, there is that too.

Pretty sure they are! I think when I ordered my last pair of glasses they were looking for around £60+ for them. But I would like to have them one day.

Try specsavers? When I got mine they only wanted another £40 or so I think to make them reactions? I was going to get them but as I wear glasses when driving I decided to get sunglasses instead and squeeze under the children's deal of 2 for 1 instead. (Full time education = free glasses until 19)
I only paid something like £72 for two pairs of converse glasses (one normal one sunglasses.) would have been cheaper but they wanted a extra £12 for the sunglasses.
Original post by Midnightmemories
Try specsavers? When I got mine they only wanted another £40 or so I think to make them reactions? I was going to get them but as I wear glasses when driving I decided to get sunglasses instead and squeeze under the children's deal of 2 for 1 instead. (Full time education = free glasses until 19)
I only paid something like £72 for two pairs of converse glasses (one normal one sunglasses.) would have been cheaper but they wanted a extra £12 for the sunglasses.

I have to pay for my glasses and eye test now, so it'll be expensive either way. :cry:
Original post by Airmed
I have to pay for my glasses and eye test now, so it'll be expensive either way. :cry:

If you look online before you go you can usually find vouchers to get the eye test reduced or even free. That's what my dad does. (Mum doesn't need too as she gets hers free due to her diabetes.)

I have to pay for mine soon, not sure if apprenticeships count? May be going for one.
Yeh i've been drawing a lot recently :redface:
And absolutely not :hugs: you are very kind :smile: I mean people inrl, I basically live two lives and it is hard to keep my 'real self'' if you want to call it that hidden :redface:

--------
Glasses are fab btw everyone on this thread :gah: not biased at all :innocent:

Ah thats good then! Im happy to hear that!
Aww thankyou! :hugs:
Ahh i see! Why do you want to keep hidden? I can understand that being hard!
Original post by Airmed

Tesco or Asda (or perhaps both? I forget) do eyetests for free and don't require you to buy their glasses afterwards so maybe check them out. :smile:
Ah thats good then! Im happy to hear that!
Aww thankyou! :hugs:
Ahh i see! Why do you want to keep hidden? I can understand that being hard!

Aww im glad :hugs:

Spoiler

~Anon 1
^^^ sorry just to confuse things Anon 19 and Anon 1 are the same person cos dupe account lol sorry :redface:
Reply 990
Original post by Airmed

Have a look at a HC1 or HC2 its help with healthcare including glasses and goes on your income not parents. I got it when i was at uni was a life saver!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Have a look at a HC1 or HC2 its help with healthcare including glasses and goes on your income not parents. I got it when i was at uni was a life saver!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might do that because I do get a lot from student finance as I'm poor. Thanks!
Original post by PandaWho

Posted from TSR Mobile

HC1 is the form you fill in. HC2 or HC3 gives you help.
Reply 993
Original post by Airmed
Might do that because I do get a lot from student finance as I'm poor. Thanks!

Yeah its really useful i used it for free drs prescriptions, but i was also elligable for glasses prescriptions, dentust and even wigs!

I dunno if i need to re do one as im on universal credit now which confuses me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 994
Original post by Tiger Rag
HC1 is the form you fill in. HC2 or HC3 gives you help.

Yeah ghe HC2 is for the prescriptions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww im glad :hugs:

Spoiler

~Anon 1

:hugs:

Spoiler

Really struggling with intrusive thoughts currently.
Had a crap day, thoughts have been turning my brain to mush!
I can't take much more of this.
It's taken over me again!
I thought I'd got a handle on it but I guess not :frown:
I want it to go away :cry2:
Really struggling with intrusive thoughts currently.
Had a crap day, thoughts have been turning my brain to mush!
I can't take much more of this.
It's taken over me again!
I thought I'd got a handle on it but I guess not :frown:
I want it to go away :cry2:

Sorry to hear that, buddy. :hugs:

I get intrusive thoughts quite often. My psychologist told me to try and relax and know that they are just thoughts, nothing more. Sometimes I find it helpful to write them down and then they're easier to dismiss because it becomes clear that they are false and nothing bad can come of them. I don't know if that will help you.
Original post by Sabertooth
Sorry to hear that, buddy. :hugs:

I get intrusive thoughts quite often. My psychologist told me to try and relax and know that they are just thoughts, nothing more. Sometimes I find it helpful to write them down and then they're easier to dismiss because it becomes clear that they are false and nothing bad can come of them. I don't know if that will help you.

:hugs:
I thought I was getting over this but today has just been awful!

Ah I'm sorry to hear that! Hm well that's easier said than done tbh but I can try to relax.
I've not done that before, so I shall give that a go and see how it goes!
I hope it does!
Thankyou!
TW Image to show Brain Activity of normal brain vs someone with OCD

Spoiler