The Student Room Group

Ugly

What makes someone physically ugly?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ugliness
Social Media.
Beauty is subjective, a person can be ugly in one person's eyes but attractive to another.
Looking like the person I see in the mirror :ahee:
Original post by Anonymous

Perhaps ugliness is just a figure of our imagination as everyone will be thought of as attractive by someone else. I think its ourselves that make us think that we are ugly...
Definitely personality.

I know some people who may be deemed as 'ugly' at first glance but once you get to know them, their personality outshines what they look like, which makes them attractive.
Reply 7
Looking like me.
Ugly...it's a strong word, and I would only call someone ugly if they had a disgusting personality. Ugliness is more than skin deep to me.
Original post by Namita Gurung
Definitely personality.

I know some people who may be deemed as 'ugly' at first glance but once you get to know them, their personality outshines what they look like, which makes them attractive.

Beat me to it! :sadpanda:
My face:h:
Reply 11
Original post by loveleest
Ugly...it's a strong word, and I would only call someone ugly if they had a disgusting personality. Ugliness is more than skin deep to me.

People always say this but I've never actually heard of anyone get called "ugly" for being horrid
someone that is vain is digusting, basically all the guys i know ;(
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

Ugliness is subjective.
But it is also defined by society.
In some places something may be seen as ugly, whereas in other regions such a thing may be deemed as beautiful.

Someone may also seem ugly at first. But personality ultimately defines a person.

Ugly is an opinion. It's not even legit.
Original post by flyingpanda
Beat me to it! :sadpanda:

Great minds think alike :lol:

:five:

Original post by Vicky628

I doubt it. :naughty:
Original post by RobML
People always say this but I've never actually heard of anyone get called "ugly" for being horrid

hmm, I get what you mean but someone that is physically appealing with a nasty personality is not attractive to me at all.
Original post by Namita Gurung

I doubt it. :naughty:

My face is a potato :bigsmile:

Spoiler

Im not being rude but I've seen people who look like their face was crushed by a elephant

Spoiler

Original post by Vicky628

Please stop don't destroy self esteem
You probably look better than her

or her

Spoiler

Original post by Juju Banton
Beauty is subjective, a person can be ugly in one person's eyes but attractive to another.

that's obviously false. You can have preferences(like blonde hair) but beauty is universal. For example I prefer dark hair girls but I recognise a beautiful blonde girl if she is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending