The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

BTW for the power question i just did 100KWH divided by the amount of hours in a year, 1,000,000 /8760
got like 114 W
Reply 521
Original post by dgkjhl
Okay wtf was that graph question, I used y=mx-c and got 10.5 or something close to that and I looked at the graph and knew that was wrong so scribbled it all out and got 2.2 but now apparently 10.5 was right? AQA could have made that a bit more convincing so that we could be a bit more confident with our working.

Crap, I used simultaneous equations and got exactly 10. Lol didn't occur to me to look at the y-intercept. So what are other people getting for this question?
Original post by stevenp99
I got just under 2.2, is that right or nah? cause i got alpha as the y intercept

tbh i was put off by the fact that it was 2 marks. I swear every f**king year its worth 3 marks just to calculate the gradient :frown:

or you could've solved it simultaneously but thats long so i also put 2.2.
Original post by 83457
Crap, I used simultaneous equations and got exactly 10. Lol didn't occur to me to look at the y-intercept. So what are other people getting for this question?

I got 10.3
Reply 524
Original post by 83457

someone on this forum said they got 10.56 but then a few people in my class put the answer 2.2 like me, but thinking about it surely it makes more sense the answer was around 10 because of the maths and stuff, cheeky AQA made sure the y intercept wasn't on the graph given to us
Reply 525
Original post by Smile Generator
I got 10.3

did you round it to 10 or keep it as 3sf?
Original post by 83457

I worked out the gradient then subbed in one of the points to get the y interecept (alpha) got 10.34 then rounded down to 10 (2sf)
Original post by 83457
Was it possible to continue drawing the graph to the negative region, or was it only drawn for the positive region? If not, then how did other people solve it?

The X axis started at 200 or so. they were tricking us i think
Unoffcial markscheme anywhere?
I probably lost 30 marks in that test.
Reply 529
I'm just waiting for the Hitler reacts video now tbh
For that 1000kWh question, I did 1000x10^3, divided by the number of hours in a year (which is 8736 with 52 weeks)

I USED 48 WEEKS AND GOT 124 FUuyutufjrhfbk
Original post by Jsnsbbsbs
Yes i got that too im sure its correct

HES ONLY GONE AND GOT HIMSELF A MARK. all the man at my school were like 0 and 2.5 and i was like nah u are wrong, absolute yes pal
Original post by osshhas
Unoffcial markscheme anywhere?
I probably lost 30 marks in that test.

30? amateur. i lost at least 40, get on my level
Reply 533
Full unofficial mark scheme anyone? I've think I did well on paper one, but I mucked this one up. What do you think about grade boundary over both papers? approx 110/140 for an A?
What did everyone else put for the scalar mcq?
Original post by benscott23
What did everyone else put for the scalar mcq?

power
Original post by BluntBluster
For that 1000kWh question, I did 1000x10^3, divided by the number of hours in a year (which is 8736 with 52 weeks)

I USED 48 WEEKS AND GOT 124 FUuyutufjrhfbk

i cant remember but did the question ask for the year? , it said rate of emmision . That is the defenition of power so its per second
Please tell me that for graph question finding the gradient, everyone got the value as negative and the used it further to find the answer??
i did 1000 x 10^3 W / H
1000 x 10^3 divided by 3600

(60 min x 60 seconds) = 3600 and got something like 278W
Original post by igotnomoney
Please tell me that for graph question finding the gradient, everyone got the value as negative and the used it further to find the answer??

i got a negative -0.036 but i left it at that because i didnt know what to do

Quick Reply

Latest