The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ollie5194
Hahahahahahhahahahaahahahah how / why did you do 14, did you finish?

Yeah just though haha, my writing was appalling though
Original post by Sacred Ground
No, it was nothing about theory of plate tectonics. What you've included sounds amazing 😁 (I may be biased because I've put the same as you haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay hopefully!! 😊 I was so worried because someone said that you should mention the theory
Original post by thatgr
No I just think you were meant to write about prediction and technology etc. That was the main bit of the question, knowing about plate tectonics wouldn't have affected any recent case studies because we've known about tectonics since the 1950s

Okay that's good then! Cheers
Original post by Domers_
I literally cannot believe how similar our answers are! I also revised hotspots heavily, wrote a lot about batholiths, and also did Haiti as the 10 marker - which was a dream of a question!

Haha i know right, will have to check and compare our marks at the end! Yes it was, i was able to link in prediction, preparation and prevention also at the end of my answer (the question which I was expecting to come up). Anyways all in all had lots of impacts, and happy about the exam.

Are you doing GEO4A?
Probably waffling about not needed info then

Maybe, but rather write too much and still cover all my points than not enough and miss things out
Can anyone tell me what we were supposed to write for the D&G 7 marker on sustainable tourism?? 😭😭
Oh crap. I wrote acres in a case study instead of hectares. I hoped I don't get marked down for it :colonhash:
Original post by hpiercey3
Haha i know right, will have to check and compare our marks at the end! Yes it was, i was able to link in prediction, preparation and prevention also at the end of my answer (the question which I was expecting to come up). Anyways all in all had lots of impacts, and happy about the exam.

Are you doing GEO4A?
Yeah definitely. And, no we're doing GEOG4B at my college, which should be interesting...
Original post by Sacred Ground
You'll get above 20 I reckon, it's a decent structure. But why did you use little case study evidence?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I forgot about them and then only had little time to put the case studies in :frown:
Can someone see if my 40m tectonic essay is ok:
Intro
Paragraph 1,2,3 - about technology and earthquakes, bulging, increased release of inert gases helps prediction for evacuation and warnings to reduce death toll
Paragraph 4 - education about wegeners theory helps save lives
Paragraoh 5 - differences in hazards at plate boiundaries effects deaths and destruction and cant be stopped
Paragraph 6 - other ways to reduce damage such as lava barriers, building techniques
Paragraph 7 - kevel of econ development, poor people may not get warnings resulting in more deaths
Paragraph 8 - aid can help save lives
Conclusion
I though the exam was okay.
Plate tectonics short questions
Hot spots was alright I guess and intrusive features was alright are you allowed to draw them? Also I wrote about like 3 is that to much wish I had learned each one in more detail?
The earthquake question was amazing couldn't have asked for a better 10 marker did anyone compare ? I was going to do this but it said discuss so I didn't ?

World cities questions
I mean WHAT the hell were these, where was counter / re / sub urbanisation at???
Thought the first one was okay just stated we recycle n that more and we resue thing helping the environment, what did everyone else put?
The 8 marker I spoke about Birmingham and said a few stats that I wasn't sure 100% sure about , is that bad? I just tried to think logically ?
10 marker ran out of time but by the sounds of it I would have got it wrong anyway so glad I spent more time on 40 marker. I wrote a para onLONDON DOCKLANDS

Ecosystems 40 marker was AMAZINGGGG
The amount of times I've done a question like that, it was so good
I did amazon, Serengeti and local conservation. Did anyone do anything else ? I was going to do plagioclimax but wasn't that sure and made sure I showed a line of argument through out.

Hopeeeee I got a B !

How did other people find them sections??

Ps did so much earthquake as volcanoes was so heavy last year but they defo tricked us doing 40 marker same again.
Original post by joshnewbs
I though the exam was okay.
Plate tectonics short questions
Hot spots was alright I guess and intrusive features was alright are you allowed to draw them? Also I wrote about like 3 is that to much wish I had learned each one in more detail?
The earthquake question was amazing couldn't have asked for a better 10 marker did anyone compare ? I was going to do this but it said discuss so I didn't ?

World cities questions
I mean WHAT the hell were these, where was counter / re / sub urbanisation at???
Thought the first one was okay just stated we recycle n that more and we resue thing helping the environment, what did everyone else put?
The 8 marker I spoke about Birmingham and said a few stats that I wasn't sure 100% sure about , is that bad? I just tried to think logically ?
10 marker ran out of time but by the sounds of it I would have got it wrong anyway so glad I spent more time on 40 marker. I wrote a para onLONDON DOCKLANDS

Ecosystems 40 marker was AMAZINGGGG
The amount of times I've done a question like that, it was so good
I did amazon, Serengeti and local conservation. Did anyone do anything else ? I was going to do plagioclimax but wasn't that sure and made sure I showed a line of argument through out.

Hopeeeee I got a B !

How did other people find them sections??

Ps did so much earthquake as volcanoes was so heavy last year but they defo tricked us doing 40 marker same again.
For the 10 marker volcano question, the question asked to 'describe the nature and impacts of one or more earthquakes you have studied', so you should be fine if you only did one (Which I did)
Original post by HarryPea122
Can someone see if my 40m tectonic essay is ok:
Intro
Paragraph 1,2,3 - about technology and earthquakes, bulging, increased release of inert gases helps prediction for evacuation and warnings to reduce death toll
Paragraph 4 - education about wegeners theory helps save lives
Paragraoh 5 - differences in hazards at plate boiundaries effects deaths and destruction and cant be stopped
Paragraph 6 - other ways to reduce damage such as lava barriers, building techniques
Paragraph 7 - kevel of econ development, poor people may not get warnings resulting in more deaths
Paragraph 8 - aid can help save lives
Conclusion

I also didnt think i wrote it the best i can but think i got all the content in there logicslly
Original post by Domers_
Yeah definitely. And, no we're doing GEOG4B at my college, which should be interesting...

Oh no that looks horrible from past papers:/ good luck!
Original post by hpiercey3
Oh no that looks horrible from past papers:/ good luck!
Thanks, normally it doesn't look to bad as the topic always concerns one of the topics your teacher can choose to study - for example last years was on the Christchurch Earthquake in 2011. But this year, it's about fracking and is related to the energy option in the AS syllabus - the one my college doesn't teach... great.
Hahahahahahhahahahaahahahah how / why did you do 14, did you finish?

Some say he's still going 😂
Did anyone else mention supervolcanoes for the tectonic essay?
Original post by Domers_
Thanks, normally it doesn't look to bad as the topic always concerns one of the topics your teacher can choose to study - for example last years was on the Christchurch Earthquake in 2011. But this year, it's about fracking and is related to the energy option in the AS syllabus - the one my college doesn't teach... great.

Damn fracking?! Thats slightly unfair, basically learning a new topic for you and your teacher, best hope the questions aren't too bad. Last years paper would have been nice!

I remember my WJEC GCSE english exam was on world of warcraft, it did not go well haha not a clue. Oh well still got an A L)
Original post by TicTockClock
Can anyone tell me what we were supposed to write for the D&G 7 marker on sustainable tourism?? 😭😭

The points I made were as follows: 1) the houses were on stilts, built on top of the lake = sustainable because no ecosystems were replaced by the houses. 2) buildings were modern,lots of windows = sustainable because they will be energy efficient, less need for light. Also not sustainable, raw materials needed to build homes, ecosystems damaged elsewhere. 3) potted plants next to houses=sustainable, homes provide a space for vegetation where there would not be any.
guys stop stressing about geog3, its now over

as my teacher said today, its now time frack off and revise for geog4b..........LOL
(my advice is do lots of extra synoptic reading).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending