The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carli97
I am

How long are your 10 marks essays generally? In terms of essay length - so number of pages.
someone please answer bc i wanna start writing the essays - how many researchers per 10/12 mark essay for addiction?
Do we need to know evaluation of scientific methods for research methods e.g. hypothesis testing?

Also do we need to know about snowball samping
Original post by keepdreaming-
No need to emphasise the 's'. I meant overarching explanations. There are different explanations even within each overarching explanation...
So for socio-cultural there are life events, family relationships, and the labelling theory.

You've broken down one explanation into multiple similar ones and are expecting that they'll be accepted as more than one explanation?

I'd recommend learning at least two.

Quick google search of a past question also reveals:

14 Jun Q 01
There is a plurality requirement in the question hence students should present two or more explanations. Students could organise their answers in relation to cognitive and social explanations, for example.The explanations need not be balanced, but to achieve a mark in the top band there should bedetail provided for at least two. Students who cover one explanation are showing partialperformance and can be awarded up to 5 marks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Romanoff
You've broken down one explanation into multiple similar ones and are expecting that they'll be accepted as more than one explanation?

I'd recommend learning at least two.

Quick google search of a past question also reveals:

Okay, thank you :smile:
Does anyone have any essays for phobic disorders to share? Please PM me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm still recovering from PSYA3 revision
i feel the need to pull an all nighter for PSYA4 :frown:
I feel like im the only one that spoke about murder/homicide (and infidelity&jealousy) in the aggression essay, is anyone on the same boat as me?
Does uxoricide count as a theory of aggression?

Just been told the aggression question said theorieS and I only wrote about infidelity / jealous and added uxoricide at the bottom ...
Those who are doing chem4 how are you splitting your time?
Original post by yung7up
Those who are doing chem4 how are you splitting your time?

may the lord have mercy on your souls my children
Guys lol put unit 3 to bed already. If you wrote ANYTHING to do with evolutionary (adaptive) explanation for aggression then you're fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marli-Ruth
In media....:colondollar:
Would we only get a 10-marker for just application questions? Also do we need to include studies in the application Q?

Am I right in saying 4 marks is only ever AO1?

And 4+6 is AO1 + A02/3 (use 3 studies? Is that okay? :/ )

Someone let me know if I'm right pls??

-I'm not sure about the 10 mark thing, though I think you are right.
-You definitely do have to put studies in the application Q
- And again I'm not 100% but I do think 4 marks is always gonna be just A01, might depend on the question though
Wish I had the chance to learn about media instead of addiction tbh... media seems so much more interesting and straightforward than bloody relapse, initiation and maintenance of addictions with the different approaches...
Original post by wickedisgood
-I'm not sure about the 10 mark thing, though I think you are right.
-You definitely do have to put studies in the application Q
- And again I'm not 100% but I do think 4 marks is always gonna be just A01, might depend on the question though

Perfect! Thank you so much!xx
Original post by qwerty123A
I feel like im the only one that spoke about murder/homicide (and infidelity&jealousy) in the aggression essay, is anyone on the same boat as me?

Uxoricide? I wrote about that too.
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
Wish I had the chance to learn about media instead of addiction tbh... media seems so much more interesting and straightforward than bloody relapse, initiation and maintenance of addictions with the different approaches...

Yeah media is interesting. My class is studying anomalistic but I decided to do media - seemed easier to grasp.
Reply 4258
Been revising from 9am- now... covered all sz now though, although I'm so tired haha!
Original post by keepdreaming-
Yeah media is interesting. My class is studying anomalistic but I decided to do media - seemed easier to grasp.

Damn, how did you manage to teach yourself?

Latest

Trending

Trending