The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics Unit 2 (PHYA2) June 9th 2016 Resit paper

Scroll to see replies

Grade boundaries predictions? I think i got 58-64/70
I really butchered that first question, which considering i expect to have dropped about 2 to 3 marks in M1 (looking at unofficial MS) is quite shameful
What was the last part of that spring question where it said what was the max force the spring exerts on the brick? Just 1.8 again? N3L?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JamieOH
What was the last part of that spring question where it said what was the max force the spring exerts on the brick? Just 1.8 again? N3L?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what i put
Original post by JamieOH

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I remember doing something like that, because what else would act on it?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Original post by JamieOH

Posted from TSR Mobile

think force is different otherwise it wouldnt have gone anywhere

I used E=fe/2 (e is extension)
then rearranged for f literally nobody else got what i got so take it with a pinch of salt lol
Original post by Mathbroke
Grade boundaries predictions? I think i got 58-64/70

That's likely full UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
can anyone remember what they got for the easy wave question? i have a feeling i rushed and miscounted the axis :/

42x10-3s for the time i think and around 18-20hz and thats all i can remember

working back about 0.8 for the amplitude?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by philo-jitsu
think force is different otherwise it wouldnt have gone anywhere

I used E=fe/2 (e is extension)
then rearranged for f literally nobody else got what i got so take it with a pinch of salt lol

****... Yeah that's a good point...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WillRose
can anyone remember what they got for the easy wave question? i have a feeling i rushed and miscounted the axis :/

Wasn't it nanoseconds? Or am I thinking of another question

Wasnt it 0.6m?

Trying to do an MS here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4154843

I got the same for time its on there, pls add anything thats wrong or not included
Original post by CALI1198
Wasnt it 0.6m?

amplitude was 0.6 and wavelength 0.8m
Ahh yeah that sounds familiar.

I'll get hold of the paper tomorrow, I'll try and get a few pics of it

I meant wavelength lol sorry. Exams getting to me
I should be able to get a look at the paper tomorrow from my teacher. I'll try and sneak a few pics

yeah don't think they'll let you do that, some guy was going to get the biol2 paper but his teacher couldn't get it because of the exam board.
Original post by WhoDaresWins
yeah don't think they'll let you do that, some guy was going to get the biol2 paper but his teacher couldn't get it because of the exam board.

Teachers aren't even meant to be in the exam hall and arent allowed to see the paper till 24 hours after. He was sitting reading the paper while we were writing it 😂

Original post by JamieOH

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I did it like this-
Friction force= 1.8W= Fs1.8 x 0.2 = 0.36J2.2 (Initial energy of block when it leaves the spring) + 0.36 = 2.56 J

The follow-up question about the force thing, I just used W = Fs again. Since the energy needed to push the block away was the same as that needed to compress the spring, the energy needed to compress the spring must've been 2.56j.So...2.56 = F x 0.2F = 12.8 N

Anyone else got the same answer?

P.S. The amount of silly mistakes that I have made is absolutely unreal. Like dividing by 100 rather than 1000, ticked red when I meant to tick violet, said 'so easier for angles to be smaller than critical angle when I was thinking 'larger'. Oh my world.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ahh yeah that sounds familiar.

I'll get hold of the paper tomorrow, I'll try and get a few pics of it

Please get a cheeky pic of every page.
Reply 639
AQA seem to be really harsh with the resits this year... maybe cause theyre busy with new spec so theyre just adding stuff from there lol. I hope chem 2 tomorrow is not the same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending