The Student Room Group

S2, M1 or D1?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ameenk95
Not sure if you knew much about S1 but i didnt find that module wordy at all! just saying :smile:

Lolol I doing S1 tomorrow I don't think I can achieve anything high with S1.. bleh S1 isn't that wordy but some questions does throw me off
Original post by Ameenk95
AQA examiner? thank you for your advice :smile: im just looking through exam papers and checking the content. Would you say that D1 takes a lot of graft to learn? and also are the questions wordy or do they just follow a pattern? ive been told D1 is a memory game. And THANK YOU for the support!!!! honestly appreciate it :smile: its tricky picking between S2 and D1 because i got an A in S1 but that was 2 years ago.

Oops no for Edexcel. But I think it will probably be quite similar in that it will be largely down to exam technique :smile: The questions are very similar year on year, it is not really a memory game - just really can you use and apply this algorithm successfully. I teach most A Level modules but have to say that some people just click with D1 - it is my favourite module :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Language student
Lolol I doing S1 tomorrow I don't think I can achieve anything high with S1.. bleh S1 isn't that wordy but some questions does throw me off

Im sure youll be alright! with S1 practice made perfect. I kept practising the same techniques till i perfected the questions, they were the same layout for AQA, not sure how they are for edexcel but im sure youll do fine. Everyone is saying that D1 is easy, ive just looked at the content and its absolutely scary, but then again i havent gone through it :colondollar:

Original post by lolololol
Oops no for Edexcel. But I think it will probably be quite similar in that it will be largely down to exam technique :smile: The questions are very similar year on year, it is not really a memory game - just really can you use and apply this algorithm successfully. I teach most A Level modules but have to say that some people just click with D1 - it is my favourite module :smile:

Ill try to look up some videos today and see how well i get on with D1 tonight then. At first glance it looked absolutely scary! Someone recommended to look at some youtube videos! Most people have said to go for D1 so i may just do that :smile: i've looked at the material for S2 and it looks fairly similar to S1 just different theories and new methods (not sure if this is the same for edexcel - could you perhaps check for me please if that's not too much to ask for) still stuck in two minds but want to finalise it by tonight!
Reply 43
*bump* need more opinions :smile: will give rep points!
Lol getting anxious I see
Reply 45
Original post by SeemaG18
Lol getting anxious I see

Looool foreal i actually am, hearing a lot of mixed reviews doesnt help :redface:
Reply 46
Bump :smile:

Quick Reply