The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government and Politics Unit 3A and 4A Predictions?

Guys I can't find anyone who is sitting the 3A and 4A paper? I have no idea what might come up on this years paper and I'm finding it hard to revise as there is so much! Anyone got any predictions or advice?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by georgia-hughes
Guys I can't find anyone who is sitting the 3A and 4A paper? I have no idea what might come up on this years paper and I'm finding it hard to revise as there is so much! Anyone got any predictions or advice?

Unit 3A is definitely hard to predict. It's all about current issues so I'm guessing-

Difficulty to reduce budget deficit (15)
Controversy surrounding fracking (15)
Potentially wind (15)
Changes to pensions(15)
Reasons for increase in prison population.

45 MQ on:
privatisation of the NHS
Economic Policy since 2010 successful or not?
to what extent have civil liberties being eroded?
Do you think changes to pensions will be reforms by the conservative/lib dem coalition?
I don't think it will be coalition as the coalition is extinct now. Maybe what they proposed in the manifesto. It was the question in 2011 I think so could reappear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChelseaGeek666
I don't think it will be coalition as the coalition is extinct now. Maybe what they proposed in the manifesto. It was the question in 2011 I think so could reappear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you doing unit 4A? If so do you have any predictions? Most seem to think there will be a 45 marker on for and against leaving the EU but is that too predictable?
Yes doing 4A. I thought exactly the same especially because it's referendum year. Be a dream question. I think something on Lisbon treaty or European Parliament. 4A is well more predictable than 3A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes doing 4A. I thought exactly the same especially because it's referendum year. Be a dream question. I think something on Lisbon treaty or European Parliament. 4A is well more predictable than 3A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A question on the EU parliament would be great! By the way, what would you include on a question about fracking?
A question on the EU parliament would be great! By the way, what would you include on a question about fracking?

Looking at the past exam questions. I think it would be arguments in favour and against. Or, it would be why it is controversial. The arguments for and against would be economic v environmental. Reasons for controversy- earthquakes, industrialisation of the countryside and water contamination. I'm doing GEO4B so helps that my pre-release is on fracking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
These are the notes I have on taxation policy @Ashc014
These are the notes I have on taxation policy @Ashc014

Thanks much appreciated. Be great if taxation policies differences came up. It's not been up since 2010 I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks much appreciated. Be great if taxation policies differences came up. It's not been up since 2010 I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How sure are you on the predictions?
I reckon I'm confident on 3- fracking, prison population and pensions. There surely has to be an economics success/failure evaluation since the coalition government has expired.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I reckon I'm confident on 3- fracking, prison population and pensions. There surely has to be an economics success/failure evaluation since the coalition government has expired.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They would be great questions! I agree, I think that would be a good question to answer in terms of structure compared to the others!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What sort of things would you include in the pensions question?
It may ask you why pensions is a major issue in politics or explain the impacts of the pensions timebomb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It may ask you why pensions is a major issue in politics or explain the impacts of the pensions timebomb.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our teacher hasn't ever mentioned the pensions time bomb? what is is? :frown:
Basically why pensions has become a problem. Ageing population, unsustainability of the state pension.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also doing 3A and 4A. Agree with suggestions for 3A, particularly pensions short q., although according to a friend, he reckons that environment and law & order always come up in short Q.

As for 4A, yep teacher thinks European Parliament long question, and/or specifically related to democratic deficit. Doubt Lisbon will be there directly, as it came up last year. Based on the migrant/refugee crisis back in September last year, teacher also thinks Schengen/free movement of workers short Q might come up. Personally, have a sneaky feeling about European Court of Justice as it hasn't been there for a while, and Common fisheries policy short q. as no question on that since reforms in 2013.
Law and order and environment will be short questions. I think fracking and/or wind for environment and maybe why prison population has increased for law and order.

Civil liberties for the 45 mark essay would be a dream.

Good luck today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending