The Student Room Group

HMRC AO pre-employment checks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Congratulations everyone!!good to hear almost everyone has been given a start day..im still checking my emails and have my phone glued to me waiting for them to contact me .. This process is torture hope it will be all worth it
Reply 81
Have they given you any more information on the job role?and do you know how long the training is for?
Reply 82
Original post by Ash8484
Have they given you any more information on the job role?and do you know how long the training is for?

I think everyones is different. Some are only 2 weeks training where as mine said 5. They told me at my interview my office trains everyone to do lots of different areas of work so i havent been given an actual role just a title Admin Officer. Will just have to see what happens x
Reply 83
Original post by jolh
I think everyones is different. Some are only 2 weeks training where as mine said 5. They told me at my interview my office trains everyone to do lots of different areas of work so i havent been given an actual role just a title Admin Officer. Will just have to see what happens x

Thanks.. that great to train in different areas. I would prefer that I think than to be on phones all day..
Reply 84
Congratulations everyone! I applied for Newcastle and got my email to say pre-employment checks were completed last week... Now you've all got start dates rolling in I'm starting to feel left behind ha!
Hope it's all worth the wait 😁
any updates on formal offers in Birmingham?
Reply 86
yes due to start on the 11th July in Birmingham
I still haven't had my formal offer and I'm due to start 27th June. Yikes
Reply 88
Original post by rebecca_:)
I still haven't had my formal offer and I'm due to start 27th June. Yikes

they rang me last thursday an said as my pre-employment checks had all cleared they can now give me a formal offer and asked me to pick my start date. First one available was 4th july. Said it would take a while to update it on the civil service site and when it does i have to follow the next stage and accept the offer like we did with the provisional offer. I wouldnt worry too much. Maybe get in touch if its not been done by the end of the week x
Original post by jolh
they rang me last thursday an said as my pre-employment checks had all cleared they can now give me a formal offer and asked me to pick my start date. First one available was 4th july. Said it would take a while to update it on the civil service site and when it does i have to follow the next stage and accept the offer like we did with the provisional offer. I wouldnt worry too much. Maybe get in touch if its not been done by the end of the week x

Ah cheers. I got an email of someone who works in my location- maybe my manager to be- who told me about the start date and the hours I'd be working. Yeah- I'll email maybe tomorrow if I haven't heard anything as this was two weeks ago!
I got my formal offer. Yay. But then when accepting it online it goes into working patterns.

Did you guys agree a working pattern with the line manager at interview?

And did you agree a potential shift pattern at interview?

I have done all this.. But was all after getting an offer. Nothing was mentioned in an interview..

Do I just click yes.. Or no?
Reply 91
Original post by rebecca_:)
I got my formal offer. Yay. But then when accepting it online it goes into working patterns.

Did you guys agree a working pattern with the line manager at interview?

And did you agree a potential shift pattern at interview?

I have done all this.. But was all after getting an offer. Nothing was mentioned in an interview..

Do I just click yes.. Or no?

i clicked no to them all as all that was mentioned was we had to cover shifts between 8 am and 8pm and it says that on it anyway. X
Original post by jolh
i clicked no to them all as all that was mentioned was we had to cover shifts between 8 am and 8pm and it says that on it anyway. X

I don't get why they make the form filling so hard >.<

I opted with clicking yes.
The first one when I clicked yes, just wanted to know if I was full time or part time.
And the second one when I clicked yes, just wanted to know my shift pattern but that was optional so I never entered it.

So I guess it doesn't matter what we put.... Oh well. Wait over. Roll on the 4th July. Independence Day lol :P
just got my offer, start on 27th July in debt managment. does anyone know what the dress code is???
Original post by newcomer2016
just got my offer, start on 27th July in debt managment. does anyone know what the dress code is???

Congrats. I have no idea, when I went my interview I saw like a few lads in tracksuits and what not, the girls had pants/jeans on with a top I think. But I think until I know for sure I'm gong to go smart casual :smile:
i know this sounds a bit soon, but does anyone know if there is support within hmrc to progress to o/ho level roles as that is were i would ideally like to be within a few years??
Hi
How long did everyone's check take in Birmingham? I was emailed a provisional offer on Friday and wondered how long before the formal offer would be made?
Does anyone know what the different departments?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by Rover red
Hi
How long did everyone's check take in Birmingham? I was emailed a provisional offer on Friday and wondered how long before the formal offer would be made?
Does anyone know what the different departments?

I had my provisional offer on the 29th April and my formal offer, once my DBS had come though, on the 26th May. I've got a start date of 11th July in the debt management department.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Natz267
I had my provisional offer on the 29th April and my formal offer, once my DBS had come though, on the 26th May. I've got a start date of 11th July in the debt management department.

Oh right so it takes about 4 weeks, a long wait then.
Reply 99
I had my provisional offer on 29th April and I'm still waiting for my formal offer..they're still conducting pre employment checks..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending