The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keepdreaming-
Uxoricide? I wrote about that too.

I used two explanations: Infidelity/jealousy and also homicide. I incorporated uxoricide into my infidelity explanation in the form of mate-retention strategies and how an unintended consequence of mate retention is uxoricide.
gunna ask again since no one replied lol HOW MANY RESEARCHERS DO WE USE IN AN ADDICTION ESSAY
For schizophrenia how much psycho explanations would people recommend to learn?
Original post by NHM
Been revising from 9am- now... covered all sz now though, although I'm so tired haha!

TEACH ME
do you memorise? if not what do you do?
Reply 4264
Original post by Alisahussain1
TEACH ME
do you memorise? if not what do you do?

I memoried some bits bit I still have to go through and annotate my essays.. Sadly
Reply 4265
Original post by SunDun111
For schizophrenia how much psycho explanations would people recommend to learn?

I had 2 in my book but I had to add another one cause it was only hitting 500 words and the evaluation was so poor :/
Do any of you have any/know of links to classification of /problems of diagnosing SZ essays? Or just advice of what to put in it? I'm getting really confused about how to do it? (Also will they ask you about them both together or could you get a full question on just one of them?)
Reply 4267
Original post by wickedisgood
Do any of you have any/know of links to classification of /problems of diagnosing SZ essays? Or just advice of what to put in it? I'm getting really confused about how to do it? (Also will they ask you about them both together or could you get a full question on just one of them?)

You have to talk about reliably and validity if that's what you mean?
Original post by NHM
You have to talk about reliably and validity if that's what you mean?

I'm doing depression, and yeah I believe it is reliability and validity. So, begin with the issue of the classification/diagnosis, why it is problematic, and then the reliability and validity point. That's what I got taught :smile:
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
Damn, how did you manage to teach yourself?

Haha! Well, I've done the whole course by myself (my teachers aren't great - we just watched movies - so I didn't go to their lessons) so I thought I'd do topics I find interesting because, either way, I'd be doing them by myself. It's not very difficult really. Just go through the AQA book and write notes, supplementing them with information from other sources online :smile:
With the Hovland-Yale model could we get an outline and evaluate the actual model or will it always be an application question (10marks)?
Original post by keepdreaming-
Haha! Well, I've done the whole course by myself (my teachers aren't great - we just watched movies - so I didn't go to their lessons) so I thought I'd do topics I find interesting because, either way, I'd be doing them by myself. It's not very difficult really. Just go through the AQA book and write notes, supplementing them with information from other sources online :smile:

Damn I praise you! It seems quite challenging! I am struggling so bad rn with my teachers help.. And yeah, I hate it when teachers purely only put on movies or the such, like I need to be learning and doing exam papers?!?!

Soo were you doing addiction then? Then switched to media? What else did you learn?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
With the Hovland-Yale model could we get an outline and evaluate the actual model or will it always be an application question (10marks)?

you could get either an application or an outline/evaluation
Even if I was to include IDAs, would they get marked or ifnored

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alisahussain1
you could get either an application or an outline/evaluation

Thanks!

And how many studies would you include in AO2 for (4+6)?

You could get
Outline the Hovland model (4)
Discuss one or more explanations for the effective of television in persuasion (4+6) - Hovland or Elaboration likelihood model.

I think it is possible.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks!

And how many studies would you include in AO2 for (4+6)?

probably 3/4 but evaluate them and expand on them
I was wondering how many marks I would get on the gender schema theory (20 mark essay) if I outlined it quite well (outline out of 4) , wrote about 1 study and evaluated it's methodological issues ( i didn't even know who carried out the study so I just said "research found"). I had no clue what else to say so I mentioned that the gender schema theory relies on observational studies and evaluated the use of them, and then said it was deterministic and explained it - don't even think it's deterministic lmao. What marks do you think I would get on it? Im stressing so much because I know I'm gonna flop unit 4 as I have a Chem exam on the same day 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4279
Original post by AnnaMaiDo
Even if I was to include IDAs, would they get marked or ifnored

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you could probably gain credit for ethics and reductionism?

Latest

Trending

Trending