The Student Room Group

What headphones do people on TSR use?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Sennheiser CX 1.00 for my phone, Sennheiser HD558s for my computer.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Some cheap crappy bluetooth on ear headphones

Really want to get the ATHM40X :love:

How good are they?:teeth:

by far the best you can get for their price range, definitely recommend
Sennheiser HD202 for music, Turtle Beach XO Seven Pro for gaming.
Original post by Waifuism
audio technica m50x, the most superior headphones known to man

Also use the Audio Technica ATH M50x. These are the ones tbh (in that price range), they make Beats sound like something you found in the bottom of a cereal box.
Pioneer's, 2nd most recent release. I can't remember the model, I'm drunk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Sennheiser hd 25 with a usb amp
My daily workhorses are Noble Audio Savant IEMs, and a pair of Bowers & Wilkins P7s for when I feel like using over-ears. Back home I have a pair of Sennheiser HD600s and a pair of Sennheiser RS220, which I dearly miss both of :moon:

Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs
Sennheiser HD600s. Hoping that my dad gives me his pair of HD800s as an A-level completion gift :wink: :wink:

That would be a hell of a gift :ahee: If you're asking for those then you may as well ask for the updated HD800 S model, they're a little less fatiguing :yep:

Original post by BirdIsWord
Can anyone recommend some good quality earphones with good bass and minimal sound leakage?
The apple ones are pure trash. The sound leakage is ridiculous.

Budget?

Original post by Tom78
Sennheiser hd 25 with a usb amp

Probably my all time favourite pair of headphones from a price-performance standpoint and still the benchmark I use for my ideal tonality. I sorta wish I hadn't sold mine!
Why did you sell them? :biggrin:

I still have mine but they don't get used since I got the ATH-M50x. I had no idea so many posters also had these either. @AR_95 @e aí rapaz
Original post by Wilfred Little
Why did you sell them? :biggrin:

I had about nine pairs of headphones at the time and it was getting ridiculous, so I opted to sell a load and condense my collection down to an open-back pair with source gear and a single pair of closed-backs for portable use- the P7s. I love the HD25s, but the P7s offer a similar tonal balance with better fidelity and significantly better comfort. But if I only had £150 to spend on a single pair of headphones, it would be the HD25s.
Cheaper the better but 50 max? If the bass is really good
Sony-MDRE9LP-Earbud-Headphones----pTRU1-10067134dt.jpg

I damage my earphones quite quickly (i.e one ear not working) so I usually go for a cheaper, but decent type. I don't particularly like in ear earphones or big headphones so this is almost perfect for me :h: Good sound quality for the price too
I use Sennheiser Momentum In Ears for listening to music and Audio Technica ATH-M50Xs for music production and all that good stuff. They're awesome.
Shure se215. Very effective if you fancy headphones that are sound isolating. :smile:
Original post by BirdIsWord
Cheaper the better but 50 max? If the bass is really good

Spend an extra £9 and get the Hifiman RE400 from Amazon, otherwise go onto eBay and go for any pair of VSonic headphones at your ideal price point. None of them will have overly prominent bass but rather it will be well proportioned within the overall sound signature and if you want it to be more emphasised than that then you can adjust the EQ in your phone/laptop and they will handle it better than a cheap, overly bassy pair of headphones would- cheap headphones with overblown bass is a recipe for crappy sound.

If minimal spending and maximum bass are your priorities, get the JVC Xtreme Xplosives. Their reputation as brilliant cheap headphones is somewhat exaggerated, but for a pair of inexpensive bass cannons they do a decent job.
Kingston Hyper x cloud 2, they act as both my gaming headset and my music headset.
Skullcandy S2DUDZ - 040 in pink :wink:

They are just a cheap pair of earphones. I can't afford anything too fancy :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
If you have the money, beats solo wireless are awesome!😊​😊​
Headphones - Shure SRH940 (SRH1540 on my wishlist...)

In-ears - Shure SE535
SOUNDCORE WIRELESS. on chromebook, imac, and iphones

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending