The Student Room Group

Gcse mathematics a calc paper 2 09/06/16 unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by blessingmariee
What about B what do you think it will be?

for a B the usual is around 97 marks maybe a bit higher out of 200
Original post by skye99
for a B the usual is around 97 marks maybe a bit higher out of 200

That means i've secured a B woo!
Finally i hot 91 in this paper and 90 in the 1st one hopefully it'll be A*
Reply 23
Original post by Moustafa123r
Finally i hot 91 in this paper and 90 in the 1st one hopefully it'll be A*

ahahah that's definitely an A* obviously, as you only need 150 /200 for and A* :smile:
Reply 24
What did you get :smile:
Original post by blessingmariee
That means i've secured a B woo!
Original post by Popadom12345
Really? There have been easier papers in the past with lower grade boundaries

Yes i agree with you, there have been past papers which i also found really easy that had low grade boundaries. However this is my predicted grade boundaries.

Who knows what they are other than the Exam board.

If you are right then that's good news for those A* predicted students who struggled a bit. But i have got a total mark according to all unofficial mark schemes above 166 which is the standard grade boundary. So if anyone did that i'm pretty sure you have secured an A*.

But those who didn't don't worry, the grade boundaries may be quite low, i.e. 2015 150- 160 range to get A*. But good luck to everyone!
Original post by litlanglad
Looks like ive got around 92 marks, im pretty happy with that!

Wow... that is amazing! Congrats!:biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Rakstar
Yes i agree with you, there have been past papers which i also found really easy that had low grade boundaries. However this is my predicted grade boundaries.

Who knows what they are other than the Exam board.

If you are right then that's good news for those A* predicted students who struggled a bit. But i have got a total mark according to all unofficial mark schemes above 166 which is the standard grade boundary. So if anyone did that i'm pretty sure you have secured an A*.

But those who didn't don't worry, the grade boundaries may be quite low, i.e. 2015 150- 160 range to get A*. But good luck to everyone!

Yeah you too
Yeah you too

How did u find the exam today?
Original post by Rakstar
How did u find the exam today?

Easier than the first one tbh. Maybe lost a couple of marks in some areas, but lost a maximum of ten. Wbu?
(edited 7 years ago)
Easier than the first one tbh. Maybe lost a couple of marks in some areas, but list maximum of ten. Wbu?

Ye, I had the same approach as well lmao, ye I lost a few marks as well. Thank you for the luck and good luck for all your exams mate!!:h:
Original post by Rakstar
Ye, I had the same approach as well lmao, ye I lost a few marks as well. Thank you for the luck and good luck for all your exams mate!!:h:

Thanks hope you get the grades you want!
Original post by Rakstar
Personally, the A* grade boundary is usually for a non-controversial, standard paper is 166 marks. However considering that non- calculator paper was much harder than usual and that the last question caught many people out, the grade boundary has to be around 163- 164 which is still higher than last years.

The last question wasn't unusually harder than normal.
Original post by iamamarxist
isn't it 2x/x^2-1

It's the same thing yes
What will 135-136 get me?
Original post by Bernie2016
The last question wasn't unusually harder than normal.

Good for you, you must be expecting full marks then. Ye the reason I said it was hard because it caught people out in terms of not fully understanding and manipulating the surds correctly. In the eyes of yourself, it will be easier but you have to bare in mind other people struggled.

Basically it should benefit you with low grade boundaries to secure your grade
Original post by Rakstar
Good for you, you must be expecting full marks then. Ye the reason I said it was hard because it caught people out in terms of not fully understanding and manipulating the surds correctly. In the eyes of yourself, it will be easier but you have to bare in mind other people struggled.

Basically it should benefit you with low grade boundaries to secure your grade

Dont be so defensive im just saying that i found it easy, a lot of people in my school also found it quite simple and by no means are we a private school or anything like that. I know our school doesn't represent the whole country but its still a decent sample.
Original post by Bernie2016
Dont be so defensive im just saying that i found it easy, a lot of people in my school also found it quite simple and by no means are we a private school or anything like that. I know our school doesn't represent the whole country but its still a decent sample.

Sorry, but I was never meant my tone to be any defensive, I am just saying from a general perspective from what all of my mates thought. Including TSR, and well done, (truly) if you have got that question correct, its quite impressive. I have managed to get that question right so we are in the same boat.:smile:
yeah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending