The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Pls elaborate

What was the defining event in your life that limited your IQ to double figures?

imagine firing shots at a stranger :rofl:

****ing Viet Cong.
Original post by swirly
Anyone else concerned by Rashford's recent interviews saying it is unreal to be called up to the National Squad?

Makes me question his ability/ mentality. Did he not think he was destined for the top? Did he not think he has the ability? Or is he weak mentally, to question himself?

Top, top players wouldn't say something like that, because they would know they were always destined for greatness. A young Rooney, Ibra, or Ronaldo would just see it as part and parcel of their job. Nothing unreal about it.

Next season will speak volumes to assess whether he can make it as a tier 1 player. To be shocked at an England call up, GTFO here, thats complacent, Arsenal mentality; even Bellerin wasn't surprised at a Spanish call up.

Just think about it for a second. Tbh he played his first game for united first team in February, so around three and half months ago, where let's be honest and say he was relatively unknown. He really got a chance that night because martial got injured. There was almost no way he thought then he was getting into the regular Manchester United team before that match, let alone England team. It's very similar to Vardy as well as no-one would have thought he would be in the England squad at the start of this season too.
The ****?

Of course he is surprised at how unreal it is to be in the England Squad. Its not negativity or a slight on his ability its just a very surprising turn of events. Like jesus questioning him for saying that :facepalm:
Original post by swirly
Anyone else concerned by Rashford's recent interviews saying it is unreal to be called up to the National Squad?

Makes me question his ability/ mentality. Did he not think he was destined for the top? Did he not think he has the ability? Or is he weak mentally, to question himself?

Top, top players wouldn't say something like that, because they would know they were always destined for greatness. A young Rooney, Ibra, or Ronaldo would just see it as part and parcel of their job. Nothing unreal about it.

Next season will speak volumes to assess whether he can make it as a tier 1 player. To be shocked at an England call up, GTFO here, thats complacent, Arsenal mentality; even Bellerin wasn't surprised at a Spanish call up.

Lol the kid was hoping to get into the U21 team only in November and couple months later he's picked for the Euros.

Shut up Swarley
Original post by Dirtybit
Lol the kid was hoping to get into the U21 team only in November and couple months later he's picked for the Euros.

Shut up Swarley

<3 u

Anyone on clubs?
Rooney at the same age would have said the same thing and it reflects Rashford's personality and the way he celebrates his goals (out stretched arms always suits him incidentally)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 726
Bellerin ain't surprised because he's been first choice for Arsenal since the middle of the 14/15 season and Spain had injuries at fullback, Azpilicueta and Alba are the main left backs and Juanfran and Carvajal are the main right backs.
triggered hehe
Original post by swirly
triggered hehe

Na you wrote an essay, it came from the heart
Reply 729

Hahaha
Rash sausage is a fraud wait a few years & he'll be gone like Januzaj (or however the **** you spell his name).
Original post by trapking
Rash sausage is a fraud wait a few years & he'll be gone like Januzaj (or however the **** you spell his name).

I didn't know Januzaj has left the club
I didn't know Januzaj has left the club

Pls, you know what I meant :colonhash:

Out of the 3 Rashford, Januzaj and Pereira i would take Pereira every single time. He has the most potential to develop into a Neymar like player.
Lol^
Reply 734

Out of the 3 Rashford, Januzaj and Pereira i would take Pereira every single time. He has the most potential to develop into a Neymar like player.

The same Pereira that has too large of an ego and thinks he is above his current status within the squad. Pftt.. from the young players that are developing it must be TFM, Roshaun Williams, Axel Tuanzebe and Angel Gomes ( kid's got talent). A player is not bigger than the club, that is the Manchester United way. That is why Pogba got released... not a lack of talent. Looking back I would do the same thing and release him
Original post by Jakir
The same Pereira that has too large of an ego and thinks he is above his current status within the squad. Pftt.. from the young players that are developing it must be TFM, Roshaun Williams, Axel Tuanzebe and Angel Gomes ( kid's got talent). A player is not bigger than the club, that is the Manchester United way. That is why Pogba got released... not a lack of talent. Looking back I would do the same thing and release him

It's called confidence, nothing wrong with that. Look at Zlatan or Ronaldo both are arrogant to some degree but no one really chats **** about their skill because they prove it on the pitch, they already know their great players. Pogba is a great player and if the rumours are actually true that we want him back that's pretty pathetic on our part lol

I agree with TFM, he's a decent player! Can see him being at a club like Milan/Juve in the future making an even bigger reputation for himself. Haven't seen much of Angel Gomes though...

Arrogance is not confidence

Arrogance is thinking you're better and matter more than everyone else, it comes from the ego.

Confidence is having faith in yourself and knowing you are great but not better than anyone. You are aware of your surroundings more and respect others.

Is it because he is Brazilian and you like your Latina girls
Reply 739
It's called confidence, nothing wrong with that. Look at Zlatan or Ronaldo both are arrogant to some degree but no one really chats **** about their skill because they prove it on the pitch, they already know their great players. Pogba is a great player and if the rumours are actually true that we want him back that's pretty pathetic on our part lol

I agree with TFM, he's a decent player! Can see him being at a club like Milan/Juve in the future making an even bigger reputation for himself. Haven't seen much of Angel Gomes though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKi-nFdXiGI - This goal vs Brazil

Latest