The Student Room Group

Boyfriend refusing to meet me half way

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Good Evening All.

I have been in a relationship for the past 9 months with my boyfriend he is refusing to introduce me to his friends and his family.

I have paid now 7 times...for a Hotel to see him for several weeks at a time costing me over £5000 (I work full time and so does he) i have never been to his house nor met any of his friends.

Anytime i bring up this i get a blank response and he changes the subject.

What am i meant to do? I love this guy HUGELY, and he messages me first in the morning and last at night and just looking through our Facebook chats and we we have had over 193,000 messages.

I get ''I love you so much'' several times throughout the day argh please help!

Am i wasting my money? , he doesn't earn anything like i do but when i do visit he pays for some meals for me etc.

what do you do for work?
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
what do you do for work?

I am a nurse.
Good Evening All.

I have been in a relationship for the past 9 months with my boyfriend he is refusing to introduce me to his friends and his family.

I have paid now 7 times...for a Hotel to see him for several weeks at a time costing me over £5000 (I work full time and so does he) i have never been to his house nor met any of his friends.

Anytime i bring up this i get a blank response and he changes the subject.

What am i meant to do? I love this guy HUGELY, and he messages me first in the morning and last at night and just looking through our Facebook chats and we we have had over 193,000 messages.

Am i wasting my money? , he doesn't earn anything like i do but when i do visit he pays for some meals for me etc.

He dosen't seem ready to introduce you to his family or friends i would question how serious he is about you.

Also you having to pay each time for the hotel room is not on he should be paying too.

It's easy for him to type 'i love you' but its just words they mean nothing unless he shows he loves you and by hiding you away like a dirty secret with no valid reason just shows he might not think of a future with you.

You need to have a chat with him and tell him its not on.
Nope couldn't even tell you one of his friends names.

alarm bells right there! :redface:
How do you know he isnt married or has a gf? I agree wiith the other poster that you seem to be in denial and unable to stick up for yourself.
Reply 25
He has another girlfriend? I'd cut and run now before spending another penny. How do you spend weeks at a time in a hotel in his area if you work full time too?!
Original post by dhr90
He has another girlfriend? I'd cut and run now before spending another penny. How do you spend weeks at a time in a hotel in his area if you work full time too?!

She said she is a nurse so she probably works 3 long days and he god knows what he does.
If it was serious he would at least offer to pay some of the time. Anyone can text i love you,
Can you meet me half wayyyyy

Right at the borderline

That's where I'm gonna wait for youuu

I'll be lookin out, night and dayyyy

Took my heart to the limit and this is where I'll stayyyyyy
Thanks for all the responses.

I'll see what happens when he messages me i'll ask him about his friends and see if i get anywhere.
Has he told you his wife's name? His children's?

Definitely dump and move on.
I asked him what the problem was and he said he is Gay.

:/
Original post by undercxver
Can you meet me half wayyyyy

Right at the borderline

That's where I'm gonna wait for youuu

I'll be lookin out, night and dayyyy

Took my heart to the limit and this is where I'll stayyyyyy

Tuneee :tongue:
I love this guy HUGELY, and he messages me first in the morning and last at night and just looking through our Facebook chats and we we have had over 193,000 messages.

The difference between sugar daddies and their girls versus sugar mamas and their boys is that the former understand the arrangement.

is he being serious?! You sleep with this guy right?

Ok.....I think you should break up with him he must be bisexual if he is sleeping with you.
Original post by cshstudent

Yes we've slept together and i told him it's over.

I think that is the best decision for you and your self respect! Plenty of boys out there who will show you off to their friends

Well done for making the choice I understand it will be hard
Original post by cshstudent

Lol she books a hotel for them both doubt they book it to have cosy chats under the covers.

You sure it's not an excuse he is giving you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending