The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlieoakley97
You seem to have a pretty good outline but here's a few stats/info that I've found tonight to prep for a final solution question:

First documented written 'order' to 'kill all Jewish males' between the ages of 18-45 was given to the Einsatzgruppen units by the SS on 11 July 1941 and Heydrich ordered all Jews found in Russian P.O.W camps to be executed on the same day.

Madagascar plan - plan to deport 4 million Jews to french colony of Madagascar

Nisko Plan - construction of a reservation in Southern Poland between cities of Lublin and Nisko to contain Jews - abandoned due to impracticality

Local clashes e.g. Polish Governor Hans Frank refused to relocate 20,000 of the 350,000 German jews

thanks for these, will try and use

I'm having a little trouble putting to words why they decided at this point to start mass Jew execution. Was really just an impulse reaction to running out of places to send Jews to/huge number of Jews damaging their economy, or I missing something?

I'd probably argue that it was structuralist, but what parts of the structure specifically would be good to use as examples for causing such impulsive order?
Viel GlΓΌck!
Original post by kosovo123
do you have a general plan of how you are going to answer the part a and b question e.g. using peel?

I'm decent at writing/winging essays, and dont really use any specific or consistent structure. I just make the points I want to make and link it back to the question, with evidence if I can actually remember any. So basically I'm not the kind of person to take advice from on this, ha

I don't worry about it too much, time spent thinking about paragraph structures could be spent learning facts at this point
Original post by XiuXiu
thanks for these, will try and use

I'm having a little trouble putting to words why they decided at this point to start mass Jew execution. Was really just an impulse reaction to running out of places to send Jews to/huge number of Jews damaging their economy, or I missing something?

I'd probably argue that it was structuralist, but what parts of the structure specifically would be good to use as examples for causing such impulsive order?

It's very basic but here's my very brief plan:

Hitler's beliefs (Mein Kampf) and the Nazi 25 point program
Chaotic structure of the Polycratic Nazi regime.
Necessity of War - Ghettos, Einsatzgruppen, Polish and Eastern Jews etc.
Conclusion - Deportation plans e.g. Madagascar, Nisko show Nazi weren't planning extermination, extermination was a result of the immediacy and demands of war.
Original post by charlieoakley97
It's very basic but here's my very brief plan:

Hitler's beliefs (Mein Kampf) and the Nazi 25 point program
Chaotic structure of the Polycratic Nazi regime.
Necessity of War - Ghettos, Einsatzgruppen, Polish and Eastern Jews etc.
Conclusion - Deportation plans e.g. Madagascar, Nisko show Nazi weren't planning extermination, extermination was a result of the immediacy and demands of war.

thanks, will use that Madagascar example since Ive never heard of it before

"Chaotic structure of the Polycratic Nazi regime"
right, this is a good point, but I'm having a hard time arguing what part of the polycratic state was most responsible for the solution to take place
Hey guys, I'm at the point I feel like it's too late to learn/revise new units for section A: I am alright on the Weimar Years, as well as the Golden Years, the rise of the Nazis and consolidation of power. I'm not looking into the Second Reich and I am not looking into War Time in Germany so if the Final Solution or Opposition/Morale did come up for unit 6, do you think either of the ones I am okay in and have revised will be the likely alternative? Good luck to you all!
Original post by XiuXiu
thanks, will use that Madagascar example since Ive never heard of it before

"Chaotic structure of the Polycratic Nazi regime"
right, this is a good point, but I'm having a hard time arguing what part of the polycratic state was most responsible for the solution to take place

Chaotic nature of the organizational hierarchy within the Nazi regime - and the structural limitations this imposed. It emphasised the competitive and polycratic structural nature of the Nazi regime as well as the spontaneous and opportunistic policy-making e.g. Switching being deportation plans and extermination plans. Part offices (especially regional Gauleiter), various agencies and the SS all competed for influence. Final solution arised as an evolutionary process of the regime's ever-increasing chaotic structure.

Something along those lines is what I would go for
Do you guys really think the Final Solution will be repeated?
Reply 648
Hi they can never ask two questions from like the same period topic bit for section A can they? Thanks
Original post by dodo15
Hi they can never ask two questions from like the same period topic bit for section A can they? Thanks

Yes they can and they did in the first two papers. Two A's on post-war Germany.
Reply 650
Could I put society and culture together in a paragraph for golden years?
Reply 651
Original post by Archdukes
Yes they can and they did in the first two papers. Two A's on post-war Germany.

No they didn't..

First year was one on the transformations of the Nazi Party and the other was final solution
Original post by eddso
No they didn't..

First year was one on the transformations of the Nazi Party and the other was final solution

Thought you mean't Kaiser/Weimar+Hitler.

What I mean is that they do not have to ask you about anything prior to ww1 and can ask you two on post ww1.
So for the WW2 stuff do we need to know about how the war went in actual military terms e.g. operation barbarossa, japanese attack on pearl harbour etc and if so in what content would this be asked for in a question?
Reply 654
Hi, can anyone share a structure for 30 mark questions plsss????
Guys I haven't done the second Reichstag, the war economy or the rise of power. Do you reckon I will be alright?
Reply 656
Original post by eddso
Could I put society and culture together in a paragraph for golden years?

If that question comes up (fingers crossed!) I'm going to do that as I don't have enough really for social. Plus the essay needs at least 3 paragraphs so with that, Economic, Political & Foreign Policy, it should be okay. Good luck today!!
Good luck everyone and thanks for all your help!!
Hey guys,

How would you answer this question:
"The main threat to the stability of the Weimar Republic in the period 1919-1923 came from the political violence of the extreme right"

What points would you make for this question?
Reply 659

Quick Reply

Latest