The Student Room Group

G063 A2 OCR ICT 2016 22nd June

Didn't see a current thread for this years exam so I thought I'd make one, even though the exam is still 2 weeks away. Wondering how many people are doing this exam and how confident they are feeling about it?

I've gone over and made notes on all the chapters and think i'll just do past papers from now on, I think the hardest things are drawing the DFD's and I don't like anything on mental models or the HMP. Basically Chapter 2 really.

Any estimates on what the 11 markers might be?

Scroll to see replies

I'm finding the DFDs difficult too!! i always get them wrong on past papers. It's annoying because there are no resources out there to practice with
Original post by smackitintheair
I'm finding the DFDs difficult too!! i always get them wrong on past papers. It's annoying because there are no resources out there to practice with

Yeah i feel like its likely to come up aswell ... but if it does ... does that mean we can hope for low boundaries? haha.

Im pretty sure I did mine wrong for my coursework too but oh well that ships sailed now
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
Yeah i feel like its likely to come up aswell ... but if it does ... does that mean we can hope for low boundaries? haha.

Im pretty sure I did mine wrong for my coursework too but oh well that ships sailed now

Yeah same, i really should have looked through the book before i did my coursework. I have a feeling a state transition question will be asked because it's never been asked before
Yeah same, i really should have looked through the book before i did my coursework. I have a feeling a state transition question will be asked because it's never been asked before

They updated the spec in 2012 and removed state transition diagrams and entity relationship diagrams so they wont come up. The only diagrams we could be asked to draw are flowcharts and DFD's

But on the odd chance I'm wrong, I literally have no idea what a state transition diagram I didnt learn it cus its not in the spec so I'm going to be annoyed if they do include it haha
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
They updated the spec in 2012 and removed state transition diagrams and entity relationship diagrams so they wont come up. The only diagrams we could be asked to draw are flowcharts and DFD's

But on the odd chance I'm wrong, I literally have no idea what a state transition diagram I didnt learn it cus its not in the spec so I'm going to be annoyed if they do include it haha

Oh thanks for telling me, i've been revising from this book that my teacher gave me that must he from the old spec
Oh thanks for telling me, i've been revising from this book that my teacher gave me that must he from the old spec

Just had a quick look and its point h in chapter one on the spec

h. describe, interpret and create data flow diagramsand flowcharts, and for each explain its suitability foruse in a given application.

and i cant find any mention of erd or the state one

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/81815-specification.pdf I would recommend having a look cus there are a few new points and a fair few points like the old first one of chapter four 'describe telecommunication telephone systems in banking, production, etc etc' are not in it anymore
Reply 7
Any predictions for what's most likely to come up this year?
How are you guys preparing for this exam?
Reply 9
Past Papers

I hate DFDs - I hope Gantt charts or flowcharts come up.

I get about 2 or 3 marks out of 6. There is teach-ict by the way
Original post by Tanya033
Any predictions for what's most likely to come up this year?

I reckon they will rewrite some old questions in a different way and tweak the question. So for the 'designer' they will ask, give examples of what the designer will do rather than 'describe' which is asking for more general answers e.g. 'takes the requirement spec....'

Chapter 3 will definitely take up most of the paper. But June 2014 didn't that much.
Does anyone have revision notes for this exam? Would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by itsselliott
Does anyone have revision notes for this exam? Would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.markhunter.org/ict/a-level/g063/g063.htm
This might help
Reply 14
Hi Guys,

Can someone please send me the G063 2015 ICT OCR Pass Paper. I can't seem to download or view it.
IMG_3536.jpg
I am trying to upload it - sorry about the random attachment above
https://filmfreak1000.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/june-2015-ocr-paper/

There was no other way I could upload the past paper and the mark scheme --- I hope it opens
Also I am stuck with distributed databases on Chapter 4 I don;t know how to explain the consistency/integrity with vertical or horizontal partitioning and the mark scheme is very basic and useless
Original post by TSR777
Hi Guys,

Can someone please send me the G063 2015 ICT OCR Pass Paper. I can't seem to download or view it.

Here you go, I've attached the mark scheme too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending