The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I'm only sitting the BUSS3 exam because I got a B in BUSS4 last year, which I'm happy with. Does anyone have any tips on how to revise BUSS3? I feel that I'm not really retaining the information that I'm revising.
Original post by AfroBella
Hi,
I'm only sitting the BUSS3 exam because I got a B in BUSS4 last year, which I'm happy with. Does anyone have any tips on how to revise BUSS3? I feel that I'm not really retaining the information that I'm revising.

What do you know/have remembered so far? And what do you know so far about technique?
Original post by De Re Publica
What do you know/have remembered so far? And what do you know so far about technique?

The only thing I'm really struggling with is investment appraisal and critical path analysis. My exam technique isn't the best to be honest. My teacher quit and moved to Thailand without finishing the course and left the substitute teacher with alot to catch up on over 3 weeks.
I don't really understand how to write answers so they hit all the AO's and get top marks without waffling
Reply 123
Hi,

what did u get in buss3 last year
The only thing I'm really struggling with is investment appraisal and critical path analysis. My exam technique isn't the best to be honest. My teacher quit and moved to Thailand without finishing the course and left the substitute teacher with alot to catch up on over 3 weeks.
I don't really understand how to write answers so they hit all the AO's and get top marks without waffling

Ah sorry to hear - what do you know (if anything) on how to answer each question though??
Original post by imran_
what did u get in buss3 last year

Hah! A solid E:colondollar:
Original post by De Re Publica
Ah sorry to hear - what do you know (if anything) on how to answer each question though??

Generally, evaluate at the end of each question (however, this depends on...),
full evaluation/conclusion on the 18 marker and the last question,calculate data from the case study instead of name dropping, analysis from question 2 onwards. (sorry for the rushed reply, I'm typing this on my work break). That's basically all the information the teacher gave us on answering the questions, and I've had her since AS :/

The substitute says that my timing and layout is fine but i should be a bit more concise. I just don't know how to do that without panicking that I'm not going into enough detail.

Thanks so much for the help :smile:
can I join this WhatsApp group pls

Last years paper had critical path and also had payback period so I think it'll highly not come up for this years exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamielin888
Last years paper had critical path and also had payback period so I think it'll highly not come up for this years exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sometimes they give you the data for payback but dont tell you to calculate it, i think they did that on the 2010 paper, hopefully it comes up anyway, it's quite easy to calculate
Reply 130
Original post by Raihan.
Sometimes they give you the data for payback but dont tell you to calculate it, i think they did that on the 2010 paper, hopefully it comes up anyway, it's quite easy to calculate

calm
Does anyone have any good notes for BUSS4 Section B as I am really struggling to understand what topics we actually need to include and how much research to actually learn and how to link it to theory

any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks
I have some full section A notes and examples if anyone wants to exchange. PM me
Hi,

Hey, I cant really offer tips for BUSS3 because im struggling with that too, but i wanted to ask you, how did you go about researching BUSS4 and how did you answer the questions? What structure did you use? Also do you have any notes from last year that you don't mind sharing.... i'm struggling so much with business because my teacher isn't great at teaching! Thankssssss!!!!
Original post by helpme123123
The EU referendum is the day after our exam, we've had theory on it it is incredibly topical

I've been told that the EU referendum and whether we should leave or not will not come up, the exams were written 2 years ago when that wasn't topical and I'm pretty sure it isn't on the spec, however we may get a question on whether or not we should join the euro.
Original post by 28/01/2016
Hey, I cant really offer tips for BUSS3 because im struggling with that too, but i wanted to ask you, how did you go about researching BUSS4 and how did you answer the questions? What structure did you use? Also do you have any notes from last year that you don't mind sharing.... i'm struggling so much with business because my teacher isn't great at teaching! Thankssssss!!!!

My buss 4 teacher (separate teachers for each module) made a huge file of model answers etc. I'll see if they're still on the system when I go to college tomorrow and look on my Dropbox, I'll send you anything I find :smile:

As for research I just chose 3 business in different sectors e.g. Tesco, M&S, Nestle and made a fact sheet on each one and how they were affected by the PESTLE factors and any aims of the business then memorised this for the exam. I think I got lucky with BUSS4 really

Posted from TSR Mobile
My buss 4 teacher (separate teachers for each module) made a huge file of model answers etc. I'll see if they're still on the system when I go to college tomorrow and look on my Dropbox, I'll send you anything I find :smile:

As for research I just chose 3 business in different sectors e.g. Tesco, M&S, Nestle and made a fact sheet on each one and how they were affected by the PESTLE factors and any aims of the business then memorised this for the exam. I think I got lucky with BUSS4 really

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope we all get lucky for buss3 & 4 & THANK YOU!!!!
Are people more worried about BUSS4 or BUSS3 out of curiosity?
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo

BOTH! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo

Buss3 concerns me. BUSS4 was ok because I'm good at essay writing and BSing through an essay in an exam. But with BUSS3 you have to have a good knowledge of all the content because there's no telling what could come up in the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending