The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Geography 2016 Contested Planet/Geographical Research

Scroll to see replies

What case studies did people use for water question B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chocofudge123

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used Aral Sea, India and the 3 Gorges, you?
Original post by alunthomass
Whats everyones general consensus about that exam? Personally I think it's one/ if not the hardest paper I've ever seen for geography. Would like to get everyone elses views?

I totally agree, this year was defo much harder!!, I thought all the questions were pretty harsh, as in previous years you'd usually get two really nice ones out of a paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 623

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. China's South-North water transfer scheme
2. Israel- recycling+ desalinisation
3. Small scale projects like play pumps in Kenya- sustainable, but not an option for developed countries with high water demand like China

Also could of talked about Dams and the minute 319 agreement
(I think)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Three Gorges Dam and the South-North water transfer project, and the 1908 treaties and agreements set up to decide who gets how much water on the Colorado upper/lower basins + native americans

Came out short on case studies for it as I revised more for water conflicts (such as Israel etc...)
Anyway guys, lets let it go, its in the past now, for better or for worse, carrying on forward, cos anyone have any seismic processes or notes on unit 4 tectonic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Three Gorges, Lifestraw in Kenya, International co-operation (Mexican Water Treaty ammendment to Colorado Compact), Jordan-Israel transfer pipeline
Original post by xueyun
oilfied in Nigeria, which is invested by China......this is a case study in development gap:s-smilie:

Pretty sure that's the Russian Gazprom mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Water conservation, water recycling/reuse. sustainable water technologies, then i talked about a water harvesting scheme in India compared with 3 Gorges Dam to compare it with wbu?
Everyone is saying it was a really hard paper but personally I thought it was really nice! I answered energy and water and I thought both parts of both questions weren't bad at all! And the section B questions were basically the ones predicted by my college :smile:
Personally, I thought it was one of the hardest Geography papers I have seen. The wording of the questions were strange and the actual answering of questions at points became quite difficult.
Original post by Annie Alexa
Everyone is saying it was a really hard paper but personally I thought it was really nice! I answered energy and water and I thought both parts of both questions weren't bad at all! And the section B questions were basically the ones predicted by my college :smile:

what did you write about for section B water?
Anyone got any research to share for unit 4 tectonics?
(edited 7 years ago)
Can somebody please tell me what the question was for 6a. And if anyone is doing rural landscape for Unit 4 then I'd like to have a chat and see if we can share resources etc as I'm definately going to need to boost my grade up after that horror show 😂Cheers
Original post by Jamie2710
Can somebody please tell me what the question was for 6a. And if anyone is doing rural landscape for Unit 4 then I'd like to have a chat and see if we can share resources etc as I'm definately going to need to boost my grade up after that horror show 😂Cheers

Superpower questions were:

Compare the strengths and weaknesses of China and India's economy
How do political systems in India and China impact SPI rankings
Characteristics of superpowers 2030 - 2050
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Superpower questions were:

Compare the strengths and weaknesses of China and India's economy
How do political systems in India and China impact SPI rankings
Characteristics of superpowers 2030 - 2050

Thanks mate 👍
For the part b of energy were we meant to write about reducing the threats of global warming such as with flood barriers,or could you write about reducing global warming as well? I was not sure
Original post by princessjk
For the part b of energy were we meant to write about reducing the threats of global warming such as with flood barriers,or could you write about reducing global warming as well? I was not sure

part b energy was costs and benefits of extracting from sensitive/technically difficult areas ?????
Guys today was just soo bad its got me rethinking life so the geography exam was just... I dont even know i cba to describe how bad it was
Soook i went to get mc donalds to cheer myself up.. i got the flavour wrap thing and they messed up my order they gave me grilled chicken I dont **** with that its all about crispy chicken. It was too late to change it as I was already home and now its given me a bad stomach ache.. might just have to tranform into a bird and fly away..
Reply 639
What was the tech fix part B question ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending