The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DrPeter
Very strong B Grade

what do you think the minimum for an A grade would be ?
last question I got 40.
Original post by esmeralda123
what do you think the mingimum for an A grade would be ?

It has only been below 132 once in the last 6 exams.
missing 10 marks
Original post by yaqub uddin
last question I got 40.

the angle isnt in the middle so you cant do 1/2absinc
Unfortunately due to lack of revision I think I got about 97(overall including both papers) do you think that would be a b or do you think that the grade boundaries will be more strict this year
Original post by Ruari014
Unfortunately due to lack of revision I think I got about 97(overall including both papers) do you think that would be a b or do you think that the grade boundaries will be more strict this year

Very difficult to say. Too close to the B/C boundary to call.
Original post by Wimsett
It remained 720! not 50 so it was 240 x 3 = 720 and then 240 x 2 = 480

Would I still get a method mark for using the correct method but with the wrong number?
what do u think an a* would be. If it was other years I would have gotten an a* but seeing now that the test was easy I am scared I wont get it
Does anyone know if there is a november resit for this paper or not and if so i when is it (under the old spec)
Original post by Undec
what do u think an a* would be. If it was other years I would have gotten an a* but seeing now that the test was easy I am scared I wont get it

Usually above 164 (June last year was an exception). My guess would be 166-170 (purely speculative).
Reply 2032
Original post by Ruari014

I would suggest that you harshly mark both papers, by this I mean exclude any questions you think would award method marks and marks you're not 100% sure you got. This will get you your absolute minimum score. I would say if your minimum is below ~88, it is unlikely that you'll get a B (but not impossible). A B grade ranges from 94-98 I believe, and could well be between 98-102 this year.
Original post by NeedsHelpalot
Does anyone know if there is a november resit for this paper or not and if so i when is it (under the old spec)

November 2nd and 4th. Not much time to revise between exams !!
I got 80.4 for the last question however I did not use the method described. I did not use the sine rule, I mainly used Pythagoras and the cosine rule. I got the correct answer so does this matter, is there more than one way to achieve the correct answer?
For question 13 part b do you still get one mark just for plotting the dots at the right postion even if its not a curve?
Original post by Name taken
I got 80.4 for the last question however I did not use the method described. I did not use the sine rule, I mainly used Pythagoras and the cosine rule. I got the correct answer so does this matter, is there more than one way to achieve the correct answer?

There is more than one way to get the answer but Pythagoras isn't one of them (can only be used with right-angled triangles)
Original post by Ikilliloot
For question 13 part b do you still get one mark just for plotting the dots at the right postion even if its not a curve?

If all plotted correctly, then yes.
Will I lose a mark if I didn't label my histogram
Original post by Roquebrune2014
No because probability is a decimal or percentage, not fraction

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probability can be written as a fraction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending