The Student Room Group

AQA psychology B PSYB3/PSYB4 PREDICTIONS!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Thatredhead
I wrote about how the four year old jed (or Tom) viewed friendship as easily replaceable and revolving around play/activities. Then compared it to the seven year old and how he shared advice and was co operative in his interactions, and how he had a meaningful and more intimate bond with his friend as they had a similar interest and he was upset about him not being around. This suggested that children's friendships become more meaningful and the characteristics of the friend/similarities are more important. - I mean in so many words I said that. I just made sure I kept it related to the example, etc.

Your answer sounds really good. I just said that the 4 year old was more flexible in friendship as he played with other children when his best friend was off from school and that the 7 year old focused on achievements with the games. I thought it was really unclear because I didnt understand if the question was saying these 2 were best friends and were comparing what they said about each other? I didnt understand the 3 mark question about the letter either I wrote about ethical issues
Yehh I put something along those lines. But I also pit how as the age increases the nature of friendships also change as demonstated by *I forgot there names* i mentiones the stem alot too because u get marks for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
What else did people put in the 3 issues raised question for attachment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I wrote about the true aim of the interview, the right to withdraw and the necessity of getting the parents' permission
Yeh I put that too I said
Debrief with an aim. Right to withdraw. Ethics. Deception and concent as they are under 16

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JJ_98
Your answer sounds really good. I just said that the 4 year old was more flexible in friendship as he played with other children when his best friend was off from school and that the 7 year old focused on achievements with the games. I thought it was really unclear because I didnt understand if the question was saying these 2 were best friends and were comparing what they said about each other? I didnt understand the 3 mark question about the letter either I wrote about ethical issues

Hmm I don't know if they were referring to them being best friends together, and yeah I wrote about ethical issues as well - parental consent, right to withdraw, explaining the aim of the research:smile:
Reply 26
Original post by gemstone100
What did you guys put for the attachment bowlby question

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put C - Proximity
Original post by IzzyMae
I put C - Proximity

Same :smile:
What are u guys aiming for. Im praying grade boundaries dont go up because they were pretty low last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemstone100
What are u guys aiming for. Im praying grade boundaries dont go up because they were pretty low last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

A or B, my class all did social development, schizo / mood disorders and substance abuse and thought the questions were pretty hard so I think the grade boundaries will be pretty low - same as last year.
Reply 30
for anyone that did the schizo essay, were we meant to only evaluate the studies used or the explanations or could we do both?
Original post by katiekt
for anyone that did the schizo essay, were we meant to only evaluate the studies used or the explanations or could we do both?

I think both are fine; it didnt specify did it? I did a mixture anyway :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by MatWhiteside
I think both are fine; it didnt specify did it? I did a mixture anyway :smile:

no I didn't think it did!! that's good I did both too!
Reply 33
Which 2 explanations did you pick? I did biological and sociocultural. But I wasnt sure if you had to do all of the explanations within those if that makes sense so like for biological explain genetics, brain chemicals and brain structure. I couldnt remember any studies my mind went blank so I just did the Gottesman twin study
Original post by JJ_98
Which 2 explanations did you pick? I did biological and sociocultural. But I wasnt sure if you had to do all of the explanations within those if that makes sense so like for biological explain genetics, brain chemicals and brain structure. I couldnt remember any studies my mind went blank so I just did the Gottesman twin study

I spoke to my psychology teacher about that, it depends how you word it. If you say the biological explanation as a whole and then state the sub parts of it eg, genes neurotransmitter levels its fine. However if you say the genetic explanation... the neurochemical explanation... the family dysfuntion expanation..etc its not so fine. Personally I did genetics and family dysfunction; to avoid thr whole issue.
Reply 35
I spoke to my psychology teacher about that, it depends how you word it. If you say the biological explanation as a whole and then state the sub parts of it eg, genes neurotransmitter levels its fine. However if you say the genetic explanation... the neurochemical explanation... the family dysfuntion expanation..etc its not so fine. Personally I did genetics and family dysfunction; to avoid thr whole issue.

Ahhh okay, I started the essay by saying the biological explanations to schizophrenia include genetics, brain chemicals and brain structure and then all i spoke about was genetics gave a twin study and then spoke about the dopamine hypothesis and gave a few ao2 points like cause and effect and bio explanations allowed the development of drugs. then I spoke about family dysfunction and labelling. Do you think that sounds okay because I did relate it to Jay by saying his mother showed characteristics typical of a dysfunctional family and then said about the diathesis stress model and how his father was schiz so that may mean he was labelled as schiz too?
Original post by JJ_98
Ahhh okay, I started the essay by saying the biological explanations to schizophrenia include genetics, brain chemicals and brain structure and then all i spoke about was genetics gave a twin study and then spoke about the dopamine hypothesis and gave a few ao2 points like cause and effect and bio explanations allowed the development of drugs. then I spoke about family dysfunction and labelling. Do you think that sounds okay because I did relate it to Jay by saying his mother showed characteristics typical of a dysfunctional family and then said about the diathesis stress model and how his father was schiz so that may mean he was labelled as schiz too?

Sounds good to me, with good linking back to the question as well I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: How're you feeling about unit 4?
Reply 37
Sounds good to me, with good linking back to the question as well I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: How're you feeling about unit 4?

Thanks Im sure you did well too :smile:, ummm i dont really like the debates like the psychology a science debate throws me and those damn statistical tests are a *****! What about you? I have a business exam that day too so Im having to revise for everything in 4 days cus I left it so late
I did attachment forensics mood disorders.... my colly found it ok tbh appart from the odd question but still. Im hoping for at least a B too so im hoping it will stay the same 33 for a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you guys talk about expressed emotion in the schiz long answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply