The Student Room Group

Current year 10 going into year 11!

I really want to know how others are feeling about this transition.I already feel like my blood pressure has tripled and I haven't even done the exams! feels like not a day goes by without the looming thought of GCSE's on my mind and my school won't shut up about them,what does anyone else think :smile:?
There's lirerally no difference between year 10 and 11 - just more exams. In year ten you do around 60% of the GCSE courses.
Reply 2
Are u 60 or something, why your blood pressure rising, chill out
Original post by Username2016
I really want to know how others are feeling about this transition.I already feel like my blood pressure has tripled and I haven't even done the exams! feels like not a day goes by without the looming thought of GCSE's on my mind and my school won't shut up about them,what does anyone else think :smile:?

Year 11 has less homework. I've had 75% less this year. And I now have the pleasure of never going Geography, Food Tech, English, R.E, P.E and Business Studies again! So, before you panic about exams, just know you have more free time to revise (and look forward to never seeing the teachers again!)
Year 11 is overrated, literally you'll be grateful to avoid all of the horrible students/subjects after it ends. All of the exams end faster than they started, however with the new system - you'll probably be screwed. This is because you'll have to learn different ways of answering questions and the new grading system. Your year are essentially the government's test subjects with the new system in play... good luck 😎
Original post by Alyiza
Are u 60 or something, why your blood pressure rising, chill out

I now know the concept of a joke is not apparent to everyone,
Reply 6
I now know the concept of a joke is not apparent to everyone,

keep working on that concept and while ur at it pick up the bottle of bleach
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Year 11 is overrated, literally you'll be grateful to avoid all of the horrible students/subjects after it ends. All of the exams end faster than they started, however with the new system - you'll probably be screwed. This is because you'll have to learn different ways of answering questions and the new grading system. Your year are essentially the government's test subjects with the new system in play... good luck 😎

Thanks the thought of being a human guinea pig s always comforting :u:

There is no difference whatsoever with the difficulty of lessons between year 10 to 11. You'll get more tests and may start doing kind of important coursework in certain lessons but it's really not that bad. You think that it will all hit you and you'll die of overwork but in reality, as long as you have good time management you will still be able to complete everything on time. Trust me, I feel as though I've been too laid back for my GCSEs and revision but I only have two exams left, feel confident with about 80% of them, and am predicted 10 A*-B grades.Just remember to enjoy yourself as this is the last year where you can kind of be free!! As long as you listen in all of your lessons, revision will not even be needed as much during exam periods. I hardly revised for some exams but came out feeling confident - be logical, work smart, and look at past papers the night before exams, if you can even print them off and have a go, then look at the mark scheme. I did this yesterday for Maths (what I had today) and feel as though I grabbed around 7 more marks due to the knowledge I picked up from doing a past paper.PS - mocks are more stressful than actual GCSEs due to the small time frame, don't worry if you've flunked a test - I got a mid C in English Literature for my mocks but am predicted an A* in my real one. They mean nothing in the long run!!!!

Spoiler

Reply 9

At least you're not the guinea pig for the new A Levels like my year :redface:

Don't panic about going into Year 11. It went by so quickly for me, and before I knew it I was starting A Levels - heck, now I'm going into my last year. Just enjoy your last year of school, don't stress out too much (it's true when people say they're not as hard as they seem!) and try to have fun with your 'lasts'!

I was also worried about GCSE exams, but chilled out by the time exams rolled around, and came out with all A*-A grades in the August. Don't panic; there's no point! Best of luck
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Alyiza
keep working on that concept and while ur at it pick up the bottle of bleach

I think it's time for you to understand the concept of being unwanted... I'll pass on the bleach but by all means start without me!
Original post by celloel
At least you're not the guinea pig for the new A Levels like my year :redface:

Don't panic about going into Year 11. It went by so quickly for me, and before I knew it I was starting A Levels - heck, now I'm going into my last year. Just enjoy your last year of school, don't stress out too much (it's true when people say they're not as hard as they seem!) and try to have fun with your 'lasts'!

I was also worried about GCSE exams, but chilled out by the time exams rolled around, and came out with all A*-A grades in the August. Don't panic; there's no point! Best of luck

Well you can't have the truth and happiness.
so lucky that i do the IGCSEs... even though i am in year ten, my exams won't be changing. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
lmao. Its nothing. For gcses you can revise 2 nights before and get an A grade. A levels is the real transition. you have no idea
Reply 15
I think it's time for you to understand the concept of being unwanted... I'll pass on the bleach but by all means start without me!

You're stressing over GCSEs and you're in Y11, take a break and relax or ur hairs gonna start falling out as well
Original post by ?Hannah
so lucky that i do the IGCSEs... even though i am in year ten, my exams won't be changing. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Without appearing ignorant,what is the main differences with IGCSEs and the average ones?
(edited 7 years ago)
Without appearing ignorant,what is the main differences with IGCSEs and the average ones?

idek, i think IGCSEs are international qualifications and are slightly harder.
Original post by ?Hannah
idek, i think IGCSEs are international qualifications and are slightly harder.

They're not harder, just international. See the ignorance of those who want to leave the eu...
Original post by Popadom12345
They're not harder, just international. See the ignorance of those who want to leave the eu...

that is why i said "idk" and "i think," was not making a solid assumption.

Quick Reply