The Student Room Group

Do boys care about flat stomachs or abs?

Scroll to see replies

Media might make you think otherwise but we love fat b*****s.
Reply 21
I get put off by muscly or even heavily toned girls.
A bit of fat in the right places looks good on a girl
Face must play a big role, no point having abs of steel if you look like Doomsday
Original post by 0to100
Lmao at you advising her, you really wanna see those pics bruv lool

Do you want to go back to school sir because it sounds to me like you're a boy, no form of a man

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Davalla
Is your face/'personality' more attractive than your belly? That's a more important question.

Damn the pending attachment approval; I want to see the socks now. I like a good sock.

I mean, I suppose so? I can post a picture of my face if you want hahaha. I think they've got Christmas pudding on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by insert-username
As long as you dont have an overhang.

I don't. It's more that it just sticks out and isn't flat or go in as I'd like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ribbits
Some people just can not achieve a flat stomach no matter how hard they train - it's not the way their body shape naturally is. There's nothing wrong with that. This obsession with flat washboard abs is relatively recent anyway, look at classical art.

People easily forget, sitting at their computers looking at images and articles, that lasting attraction is nothing to do with individual physical characteristics - it's the whole person that you fall for, and once you do, you see them as beautiful. Whether they have a crooked nose, un-flat stomach, large birthmark or anything else. Look around you at the people in relationships and tell me they're all physically perfect according to current social ideas, or that they're all secretly dissatisfied with each others' bodies. That's just not how it actually works in reality.

This is actually really valuable, thanks...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I don't really know what you mean by bloated and hard, but a flat stomach/ abs on a girl is very attractive.

Spoiler

It's not fat as you'd imagine fat to be, wobbly and soft. It's much like, you know where you've just eaten a pasta meal or a big meal like a roast dinner and your stomach sticks out and is full and bloated? Mine is constantly like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JL124251
personally to me it doesn't matter what build you are just have wonderful personality - but for yourself if you feel the need to be thinner remember you do need some fat to survive and acknowledge the fact that you may not be able do get a flat stomach or abs - one way that is useful to lots of abb exercises like planks etc that will burn fat/ promote muscle growth in the abdominal area.

I already do a fair bit of ab work at martial arts as well as sit ups but I will increase it

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on the woman. Some actually look better carrying a bit of weight, and look kinda gaunt or weird if they lose it.

Like Myleene Klass for example, granted she's still hot and was never fat, but back when she first appeared and was more rounded and had the *****y resting face going on, I wanted to HULK SMASH. But as I say it depends on the woman, because I find Cheryl Surname more attractive now she's a bit thinner, and I don't usually go for the really slim types. She's petite anyway though.

It's equally unattractive being obese and anorexic, while some days a girl with a bit of padding is what I fancy, another day I want to grab a girl with fitness and go to town on her.

As for bloated stomach, it not something I've thought about, so probably not something I notice. If it turns out you're one of those slim women and you're just complaining about a tiny pouch you get sometimes i'm gonna smack ya around the head to be honest.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
you're a 5k runner, that alone makes you fitter than 90% of people. As others have said, your body means nothing if you're looking for "connections", they want to see your personality

Thanks, that's true. That makes me feel a little better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lahmejacks
I'm 5'2", weighed myself this morning (not my usual weigh day) and I'm 8st 4.5lbs, or 116lbs.

I like to think of myself as physically fit, I run 5k twice a week as well as 2 hours of intense martial arts on another 2 days.

I personally hate my body and I've lost weight over the past year as I used to be 9st; however my stomach isn't flat -
Attachment not found
. I hate this and view this as fat but my friends are telling me otherwise - trouble is, the stomach is bloated and hard, it's not "fat" like wobbly. Anyway my question is, is this unattractive to boys? I'm working very very hard to try and reduce it and make it go IN at where my sports bra ends, I've reduced my calories and I exercise now almost everyday, but nothing's working :/ excuse the socks, too

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a girl I want this stomach

or this
Original post by Milzime
I firkin hope you do jeeezzz this crap is hard work

??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by littlenorthernlass
If a man turns you down because your stomach isn't flat, then is that a man you'd like to be with, honestly?:redface:

Thank you:')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by javacakes
Yeah i mean I've got the beginnings of abs and I've been told by many men that i'm a man because I also have strong legs and arms. (Ie visible toning but i'm not Arnie from terminator, it's just uncommon for women). This is mainly because i rock climb about 6 hours a week - but the thing is if you're physically fit, then generally you'll be attracted to those of your type, so also physically fit and they tend to prefer those that are also more physically fit. So it doesn't matter if some guys don't find you attractive because if they make fun of you they're not worth your time.

Wow that's awesome, something to aspire to. Keep going. Thank you, I suppose you are right:')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M14B
I get put off by muscly or even heavily toned girls.
A bit of fat in the right places looks good on a girl

Interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Face must play a big role, no point having abs of steel if you look like Doomsday

Haha very true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Neverdie
It depends on the woman. Some actually look better carrying a bit of weight, and look kinda gaunt or weird if they lose it.

Like Myleene Klass for example, granted she's still hot and was never fat, but back when she first appeared and was more rounded and had the *****y resting face going on, I wanted to HULK SMASH. But as I say it depends on the woman, because I find Cheryl Surname more attractive now she's a bit thinner, and I don't usually go for the really slim types. She's petite anyway though.

It's equally unattractive being obese and anorexic, while some days a girl with a bit of padding is what I fancy, another day I want to grab a girl with fitness and go to town on her.

As for bloated stomach, it not something I've thought about, so probably not something I notice. If it turns out you're one of those slim women and you're just complaining about a tiny pouch you get sometimes i'm gonna smack ya around the head to be honest.

I can't remember Myleene but I certainty know about Cheryl. (She's back to her own name of Tweedy now, by the way). That's really interesting haha, thank you. I'm not sure. Personally I don't think it looks nice but then that's me, the other opinions here are quite mixed

Posted from TSR Mobile
goes without saying that personality is more important, plus ngl also your face and those kind of things, i think i speak for most guys when i say as long as you arent carrying around serious fat then youre good, noone expects a perfectly flat stomach let alone abs though obviously more guys will find you attractive if you do have a flat stomach
Original post by lahmejacks
I can't remember Myleene but I certainty know about Cheryl. (She's back to her own name of Tweedy now, by the way). That's really interesting haha, thank you. I'm not sure. Personally I don't think it looks nice but then that's me, the other opinions here are quite mixed

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought she was keeping the name Ferndzdez-Vzvzvzini because it was more marketable (that little name whore).

Opinions will be mixed. I think ultimately though it's fair to say that unless you're obese or have this really ****ed up face, 90% of men would make the sex with you. That's how we are, we find most girls hot in some way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending