The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hahahahah thats a good answer :wink:

Original post by AfroBella
Buss3 concerns me. BUSS4 was ok because I'm good at essay writing and BSing through an essay in an exam. But with BUSS3 you have to have a good knowledge of all the content because there's no telling what could come up in the examPosted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'll take some of your buss4 confidence please! Im not looking forward to that one especially, I have 2 exams on that day :/

Since its the last year of doing it because of the new specification think they'll come up with some outlandish questions?
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo

Yeah, I'll take some of your buss4 confidence please! Im not looking forward to that one especially, I have 2 exams on that day :/

Since its the last year of doing it because of the new specification think they'll come up with some outlandish questions?

Lol, have all the confidence you need :biggrin:
And I don't think so with buss4 but they might add some topics that haven't been covered in a while in buss3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 142
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo

No, papers are made 1 and a half years before getting released. There is also a Resit paper. So officially we are not the last year of the spec doing this paper
Original post by imran_
No, papers are made 1 and a half years before getting released. There is also a Resit paper. So officially we are not the last year of the spec doing this paper

I always think resits are somehow harder than the real actual time you sit the paper especially for aqa but that could just be me..... Do you have any topics you think are likely to come up in the buss3 exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 28/01/2016
Hey, I cant really offer tips for BUSS3 because im struggling with that too, but i wanted to ask you, how did you go about researching BUSS4 and how did you answer the questions? What structure did you use? Also do you have any notes from last year that you don't mind sharing.... i'm struggling so much with business because my teacher isn't great at teaching! Thankssssss!!!!

There are a lot of notes so I'll break it up in sections :smile:
Original post by afrobella
model answers..

omg!!!! Thank you sooo much!!!!!!
model answers

Yes this is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!
There are a lot of notes so I'll break it up in sections :smile:

Wow how do you get all these resources?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by flamigos123
Wow how do you get all these resources?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My lovely BUSS4 teacher uploaded them to the school portal. She left last year but thankfully they're still on the database. Got nothing for BUSS3 though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone think moving averages will come up? It has never come up before
Original post by Luis Suarez
Does anyone think moving averages will come up? It has never come up before

I think it will
Does anyone have any Payback, ARR, NPV, or CPA practice questions?
I think it will

How do you think it will come up, do you think they'll ask us too calculate some moving averages or do you think they'll give us the moving averages and ask us about the usefulness of them?
Looking at last years exam Q1 was a 10 mark calculation question and Q3 was a question entirely based around CPA which suggests to me that exam was very number heavy.
Consequently, I would expect the opposite this year. Moving averages to my knowledge has never actually come up before which suggests to me that they could throw it on, albeit unlikely seen as though they usually follow patterns but with it being the last year they could in theory do anything they wish.
I would presume that most likely there will be a question on marketing as that hasn't come up in a while and is always a hard one to answer, especially if they ask about influents on a marketing plan.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BUSS3-W-MS-JUN15.PDF

For payback period, does anyone understand where the 137.5 comes in for this calculation on the mark scheme?

I thought you divide the amount needed to cover the initial cost which would be £333.5 from 137.75+195.75
The 137.75 is for NPV after the Net Cash Flow has been discounted using the discount factors, you do not discount for payback period

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending