The Student Room Group

Why do I hate people?

My problem is that I hate people.
I look at a concert of people mindlessly 'raving' to repetitive music near me, people who are for the most part uneducated and drug using who seem to want to fight everyone. Do people who just want fights all the time fight because that's the only thing they can achieve? Bragging rights to their thick friends?
Why do people latch onto such cringe worthy trends, why has football hooliganism now become fashionable? I never heard of anyone liking The Stone Roses and suddenly these exact people love them.
I just see people wasting their lives drinking 2, 3 even 4 times a week, for what? It's a waste of money, and it's bad for your body.
I hate when people challenge me, try to undermine me, think they're right when they're not and then can't take it when they're wrong.
I hate religion and I feel that followers of religion have no freedom of thought. My school is particularly bad for this, it's a breeding ground for Christianity because of how 'cliquey' (if that's a word) the school is.
I just don't get why people do things so meaningless all the time and enjoy it.
The problem here is that I'm a hypocrite. I'm overweight, lazy and I smoke.
Why do I feel like this? Why do I feel that my world view is superior to others? I feel a general disgust towards the people in my country. Does anyone feel like this?

Btw, I'm still a loving and caring individual, with many strong relationships. Please don't attack me for this, I just want advice on how I can tolerate what I see people do everyday.

Scroll to see replies

If you admit to being hypocritical then clearly the main problem is within yourself rather than the people you're surrounded by.

And so you have to strive to better yourself first.
Original post by Anonymous
I look at a concert of people mindlessly 'raving' to repetitive music near me, people who are for the most part uneducated and drug using who seem to want to fight everyone. Do people who just want fights all the time fight because that's the only thing they can achieve? Bragging rights to their thick friends?
Why do people latch onto such cringe worthy trends, why has football hooliganism now become fashionable? I never heard of anyone liking The Stone Roses and suddenly these exact people love them.
I just see people wasting their lives drinking 2, 3 even 4 times a week, for what? It's a waste of money, and it's bad for your body.
I hate when people challenge me, try to undermine me, think they're right when they're not and then can't take it when they're wrong.
I hate religion and I feel that followers of religion have no freedom of thought. My school is particularly bad for this, it's a breeding ground for Christianity because of how 'cliquey' (if that's a word) the school is.
Why do I feel like this? Why do I feel that my world view is superior to others? I feel a general disgust towards the people in my country. Does anyone feel like this?

Btw, I'm still a loving and caring individual, with many strong relationships. Please don't attack me for this, I just want advice on how I can tolerate what I see people do everyday.

Lemme guess, you live in either London or Manchester?
Reply 3
I agree entirely & feel very similar to you.
Reply 4
Original post by BristolFresher15
If you admit to being hypocritical then clearly the main problem is within yourself rather than the people you're surrounded by.

And so you have to strive to better yourself first.

Yeah, I am disgusted by my own actions as well.

So if I become okay with myself, will I be able to just ignore the actions of others that disgust me? Will I just not care?
Reply 5
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Lemme guess, you live in either London or Manchester?

Nope! Northern Ireland actually.

I know how u feel. I am exactly the same, I just don't like most people and I'd rather keep to myself. I usually just deal with it by really getting into my work but I don't know if that's for everyone
Nope! Northern Ireland actually.

:O

the way you described it with rave culture and that, I woulda guessed literally anywhere except NI
Reply 8

I feel like this sometimes.
But then I think to myself "it cannot be everybody else so it must be me"
Reply 9
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
:O

the way you described it with rave culture and that, I woulda guessed literally anywhere except NI

I shouldn't have described it like that, I wouldn't call it a rave culture here, more like mindless 16 year olds taking pills and fighting people at concerts and clubs hahaha. Tonight Tiesto was playing in Belfast and the sight of
16 year olds getting arrested and carted off in ambulances really bothered me

People are *****.

You're a ****.

I'm a ****.

Tough ****. Get on with your life, and let me get on with mine :colonhash:

Hatred most often stems from anger, and anger is usually motivated by talk amongst others of the same viewpoint. To become more open, I would try spending time listening to those with viewpoints you hate, and hopefully discover the human behind them. Also, you should question your own viewpoints and try to rationalise opposing viewpoints - it will take time, and will be hard, but will hopefully make you feel more at rest with the world. (You won't be able to rationalise every viewpoint, though for the irrational you may be able to at least explain why people develop those viewpoints).
Reply 12
Because deep down, you hate yourself.
Original post by TimGB
Hatred most often stems from anger, and anger is usually motivated by talk amongst others of the same viewpoint. To become more open, I would try spending time listening to those with viewpoints you hate, and hopefully discover the human behind them. Also, you should question your own viewpoints and try to rationalise opposing viewpoints - it will take time, and will be hard, but will hopefully make you feel more at rest with the world. (You won't be able to rationalise every viewpoint, though for the irrational you may be able to at least explain why people develop those viewpoints).

I will try this. Thank you.

Original post by eden3
Because deep down, you hate yourself.

Correct, I am deeply unhappy with myself.

I don't like feeling like this towards others though, I wish I could just live my life and not get annoyed at what I see. But I do. I can't see myself ever not being okay with myself though, but I would like to try to be able to tolerate the actions of those that I currently despise.
Craaaawwling iiiin my skiiiiin

It's their lives, just let them get on with it. People have different ways of gaining status and recognition, just because a groups is different to yours doesn't necessarily mean they are wrong. You do not have to be friends with people who take drugs and drink, it's your decision what groups you immerse yourself in. However I feel the issue is you lack an open mind, you shouldn't dismiss 'relgious' people, religion is only one facet of their personality and you might just turn down a potentially great relationship on the prejudice pretence that they are religious.

In a nutshell, try not to fit people into boxes, and you will soon find yourself not so full of hatred.
Original post by Zargabaath
Craaaawwling iiiin my skiiiiin

You know nothing. You probably find humour in noot noot, pepe the frog, and other frog related memes. You probably sit in histerics, sharing memes on Reddit all day long.

You are but another category of people I hate.
You know nothing. You probably find humour in noot noot, pepe the frog, and other frog related memes. You probably sit in histerics, sharing memes on Reddit all day long.

You are but another category of people I hate.

these woouuuunds they will not heeeaaaal
(edited 7 years ago)
Every human has faults. You won't find someone without any. It's normal... I think so anyways.

The hypocrisy bit confuses me. :erm:
Don't hate people as long as they don't hurt you first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending