Thanks aha. I doubt I'll get an a* though
Around 51/53 in both papers what would this be? Thanks in advance
Reply 42
I'm guessing something along the lines of:

C: 67-73
B: 92-100
A: 132-135
A*: 166-170

Might be wrong though so don't use those predictions as comfort blankets.
Original post by Jakeyslack
Thanks aha. I doubt I'll get an a* though

If you put in a lot of effort and revised enough you'll be able to. Be positive!:h:
Original post by L0st45
I'm guessing something along the lines of:

C: 67-73
B: 92-100
A: 132-135
A*: 166-170

Might be wrong though so don't use those predictions as comfort blankets.

That seems pretty accurate. As the papers were fairly easy. Just wordy. I would say worse case scenario:

C - 75
B - 110
A - 140
A* - 170
Original post by JayrZ
guys ive checked both unofficial mark schemes and im fairly certain i got around 168-172 in total, is that probably an a*?

Hi I think I got 56 on the first paper and 81 on the second paper, which means I got 137 in total. Could you please tell me if this is an A?:smile:
Reply 46
Grade boundaries in 2013, which was easier were 165 for A* - I can't see this paper being above 165

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marshall Taylor
I got 68 on paper one and 81 on paper two, what grade will I most likely get? (Predicted an A*)

Likely to be a solid A, A* if you're very lucky
The mark schemes (over the two papers), will most likely be about 66 for a C, 98 for a B, 130 for an A and 166 for an A*, that's my prediction with how previous years have gone and how difficult I thought the papers were, but generally I thought the papers were relatively nice in comparison to last year, so grade boundaries could be slightly higher
Original post by mattedwards8972
The mark schemes (over the two papers), will most likely be about 66 for a C, 98 for a B, 130 for an A and 166 for an A*, that's my prediction with how previous years have gone and how difficult I thought the papers were, but generally I thought the papers were relatively nice in comparison to last year, so grade boundaries could be slightly higher

Yeah but last year an A was 125 so it could be 130 this year. I think the highest it will go is 135.
could you tell me if im able to get an A* with getting atleast 67-78 marks in non and 69-82 marks in calc, thanks!
Original post by sunshine774
Yeah but last year an A was 125 so it could be 130 this year. I think the highest it will go is 135.
i got 78 in paper 1 and 85 in paper 2, thats 163 overall, what great do you reckon this is?
If I get 75 marks or over out of 200 (which I most likely have) would that amount to a C grade? (higher paper)
Reply 53
Yeah I think

A* - 165
A - 140
B - 112
C - 73
D - 43

Good luck
Reply 54
I got 68 on paper one and 81 on paper two, what grade will I most likely get? (Predicted an A*)

You'll probably get an A tbh. I believe an A* will be 165. An A is very good tho :smile:
Reply 55
Should B

Spoiler

That's a quite high B mate :smile:.
Original post by Wazm_
You'll probably get an A tbh. I believe an A* will be 165. An A is very good tho :smile:

I have let my teachers down a bit there... 😭
Reply 57
I got around 72 marks on paper 1 and 69 on paper 2. What grade do you think I'm going to get (most likely) ?... I am actually worried.
(edited 7 years ago)
My teacher was an examiner for quite a few years and I asked him whether he thinks the grade boundaries will increase a lot. He said, since it is the last year for this specification, they might move it up a little, but not too much as they don't want people complaining about it like last year, So probably it might move up to like 160 or something because 2014 was 155 for an A*
What do u think 80 is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending